Chapter 55

SAM'S POV

We went through the meet and greet and performance without Laina or Kian. Throughout the performance all of us O2L boys kept glancing at each other, knowing that we were all thinking the same thing, where are they? We were all worried as shit and the second we were done with the performance, we ran up to our hotel room.

When we got in, Kian was on his knees on the floor staring straight ahead at the door with a continuos stream of tears falling. "Kian, what's wrong." I said firmly, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"She left." He said weakly, his voice came out as a whisper and he started shaking violently.

"Kian what do you mean." I said, looking back at the other boys who looked confused and worried. Jc had sat down on the floor, Connor was leaning against the wall, Ricky had his hands in his hair and he was pacing the room, and Trevor was on the ground trying to help me console Kian.

"She saw me and Andrea, she found out everything, she told me to tell you guys it's all my fault, and that she's never coming back. She went back home." He said and got up. He laid in the bed face first and screamed bloody murder into the pillow.

"Kian it's going to be okay. You know her, she'll be back." Ricky said.

Kian looked at Ricky with tear filled eyes and shook his head, knowing this was her last straw.

I was so angry. Not at Kian, not at Laina, but at the situation. If it wasn't for this fucking situation with Andrea the only girl I ever loved would still be here, and would still be happy.

"We have to get home, fast." I said and we all started packing in what felt like fast forward.

***

LAINA'S POV

It had been 14 hours since I had started driving. I cried thinking about Ricky's promise to never lose me again which he lied about, I cried thinking about Kian's promise to never hurt me which he lied about, I cried thinking about never seeing Sam again, or any of the other boys again. I was still crying and I needed to stop and rest. I pulled up to a sign that said "Sheffield Café" and I walked in, the smell of coffee filling my nose. I walked up to the counter, ordering a black coffee, something I would normally hate, but I felt I needed it. (Btw Sheffield cafe is a real place that is 14 hours away from LA on the way to San Antonio, I looked it up😂)

As I was drinking my coffee I sat down at the counter. The lady behind the counter was wiping up some spilled liquid of sort before she looked at me with her head cocked to the side.

"Tell me all about it, Sugar." She said and put both her hands on the counter waiting for me to tell my story.

"A stupid guy that I thought I would be with for my whole life was dating someone behind my back. He promised he would never hurt me, and now I'm driving 14 back home so I can escape him." I said and wiped my underneath my eyes. When I pulled my hands away they were covered in makeup.

"I'm sorry, sugar, these things are hard. But look at me, I had to go through two husbands to realize I'm a lesbian and open this little shop." she said with a proud grin.

I smiled at her, finished my coffee, I pull out my phone and see I have over a hundred texts. I only open the ones from Ricky. I send one response before turning off my phone for good.

To: Ricky Dillon

You promised.

With that I left a 15 dollar tip since she listened to my sob story. I got back in the car, driving the final 4 hours to my house.

When I got home my mom was so surprised to see me. I told her I was coming back home to stay.

"Laina honey, I wish you would have told me earlier, we just sold the house since all y'all kids moved out already." my mom said sadly, "but, how about we go find you a nice one bedroom to live in? I'll chip in for the payment, and you can live close to here so you'll know your way around." She suggested and I nodded, maybe some familiarity would help me. My mom and I talked for a while until we decided we would find my house tomorrow and I would move in.

***

5 DAYS LATER

It had been a while since I left, okay 5 days, but that is a while. I felt hurt and betrayed that no one came after me. I was hoping someone would care enough.

I had gotten a new phone number so none of them could contact me, I needed to get away from them as much as possible.

My mom and I were finishing unpacking the last box into my bathroom. We had found me a one bedroom house with plenty of backyard and indoor space, and a pool. It was two levels and a pale blue color with dark blue/gray shutters. The inside was extremely cozy feeling, two fireplaces, one in my bedroom which was upstairs and one in the living room which was downstairs, and most of the walls inside were brick. I had decorated as best I could with my limited resources at the moment.

"Honey are you sure you're gonna be okay on your own? I can stay for a little while before I have to move out of the house?" My mom offered while I pulled her into a hug and shook my head.

"Thank you for everything mama. I love you." I said. She nods and kisses my forehead before walking outside and getting into her KIA and driving away.

I sit inside my new house and pull on some fuzzy socks as the A/C kicked in. I sighed and changed into a sweater a pair of sweatpants shorts. I sat on the couch that faced the front window and looked outside at the Texas summer. I sighed again, trying to fight back the tears that hadn't stopped flowing since I saw Kian and Andrea.

I looked around at the neighbors kids playing in the yard with the sprinkler, I smiled to myself and sighed, letting out a few tears before pulling myself together. I couldn't cry anymore. It wasn't worth it.

I opened up my phone and hesitated before clicking on the Twitter app, the first thing I saw was a tweet from Kian. It was hard enough to lose him, I didn't need a constant reminder of him. I turned off my phone and returned my attention back to the window, when I see someone get out of a car parked in front of my house.

I open the door, my face lighting up into a smile as I ran from my front door into his open arms.

"Laina, I love you." He said.

"I knew you would be the one to come after me, how did you find me?" I asked, still holding him. I took in his warm scent, the scent I had smelled so many times, being held in the arms that I had been held in so many times, looking down at that beautiful smile that I had seen so many times and I had never imagined all of these things would look so familiar and so perfect as they do right now.

"I just finished talking to your mom. Laina i love you, I've been waiting forever to be with you, and I know I fucked up a few times, but will you please be mine?" He asked.

I nodded, letting happy tears flow as a smile appeared on my face that was genuine and that I thought I would never return. I laughed in his arms, knowing this was what I had been waiting for, and this person was who I was destined to be with.

***

THATS THE END FOLKS!

DONT WORRY!! THE SEQUEL WILL BE OUT AS SOON AS I WRITE THE FIRST FEW CHAPTERS, I AM SO SO SO SO SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THE READS THAT IVE GOTTEN, AND IM SO CONFUSED HOW THE END HAS ALREADY COME.

WHO DO YOU THINK CAME FOR LAINA?

I love you guys,

Xoxo @totallytesss