Chapter 37

LAINA'S POV

When I finished my performance I went backstage to hang out with a few YouTubers that were about to go on.

I saw Andrea Russett and was about to go talk to her for the first time when someone grabbed my wrist and spun me to face them.

I looked up to see it was only Trevy.

"Aww hey trevy." I say hugging him. He hugs me tight not letting go. "Trev I can't breathe." I say while laughing and he lets go. I turn around to see Andrea grabbing a mic and heading on stage. I sighed in defeat and look back at Trev. "Good luck up there baby boy." I say and reach upward to tousle his hair.

He makes an annoyed face at me and I walk away heading back to the hotel.

***

AT THE HOTEL

When I get back to the hotel it's only 12:30 so the guys have an hour and a half before their performance is over. I sigh and look around the large empty hotel room. I walk into the room I share with Kian and get a bathing suit on. Since Vidcon put us on the pent house level there was a community pool that I went out to.

The sun was blazing hot and it made me realize how much I had missed California while I was in SA.

I lay my towel on a chair and lay on it, soaking up the sun. After listening to music for a little while I get really hot and decide to jump into the pool. I put my phone into my bag that I brought out and I jump in, my body breaking the surface of the water. When I come back up for air I see Joe Sugg and Alfie staring at me.

"Joe!" I screech and jump out of the pool. "I'm a huge fan!"

"You're a huge fan? We are huge fans!" Joe says and I look at Alfie who is awkwardly looking me up and down. I immediately get self conscious and wrap the towel around myself and make Alfie blush.

"I've been watching you guys forever! This is like a dream come true." I said chuckling to myself.

"Wanna go get a late lunch? On us." Joe said tempting me to go.

"Yeah, I'm in room 734 so I'm just gonna go and get dressed and I'll meet you guys in the lobby." I say and before I go I hand my phone to Joe so he can enter his number into my phone.

His contact name is Joe Suggers🐧 and I laugh at it and then head to my room.

When I get inside the boys are all there which makes me wonder how long I was actually in the pool.

"LAINA!" Jc screams and lifts me off the ground hugging me.

"Hey guys don't really have time to talk I'm going out with Joe and Alfie, I'll see you guys tonight love you." I say quickly and rush to my room to change.

I put on some bleached high waisted shorts and a maroon crop top with a chocker. I put on a little makeup and my maroon vans.

"Alright bye guys." I say and rush out the door despite their protest.

To Joe Suggers🐧

Hey I'm headed down to the lobby now.

I walk towards the elevator and I push the button. "So are we." someone says behind me. I jump and turn around to see Joe and Alfie laughing behind me.

"Not funny Joe!" I say laughing.

We end up going to Taco Bell because no one can think of anything better.

We talk a lot about YouTube and our experiences and we become really good friends.

"Alright now Laina, I just want to make this clear, neither me nor Alfie have a crush on you and we will never do anything to jeopardize our friendship." Joe said seriously.

I sighed a huge sigh of relief and hugged Alfie and Joe. "Thank goodness." I say and we all laugh. It was good to have friends that I knew just wanted to be FRIENDS. Of course the guys were my best friends, forever and always all 7 of us were going to be best friends and that was that, but sometimes it's nice to get away from the drama they expose me to.

We walked back to the hotel and I hugged them again before going up to my hotel room. I take a deep breath before rushing into the hotel room.

"HeyguysIhadagreattimeJoeandAlfieareniceI'mtiredI'mgoingintomyroombye" I said super fast and literally ran into the room that I was supposed to be sleeping in and not Kian's.

It had an on suite bathroom and I locked the door when I got inside. I ran into the bathroom and locked the door in there too. I turned on the shower so I couldn't hear the loud knocking coming from the boys.

I knew they would want to talk about the show and the meet and greet and I didn't want to talk about Lucas but I knew if I talked to them I would have to tell them.

I stood in the shower letting the water wash away my worries and humming songs quietly to myself.

***