Chapter 2

That whole week was the same. Lucas and I went out, I looked for o2l.

He seemed to be getting annoyed with my constant outings all over the place.

He would trudge down the street with me.

He would ask "where are we going?" Or "what are we even doing?"

I would never respond just smile and tell him to trust me.

He did trust me so he let it slide.

We walked around for another 3 days until one morning something was off about him.

I woke up and tried to kiss him and he moved his lips.

I didn't notice that much but then he wouldn't get near me and he kept looking out the window.

"Babe-" I started.

He put his hand up and turned around and look me straight in the eye.

"I'm going out," he said and paused, "I'm going to do what I want to do."

"I'm not going to pointlessly walk and waste time and energy in the beautiful place," he said and motioned out the window, "I'll be back eventually." he said and rolled his eyes grabbed the keys to rental and walked out.

I sat on the bed.

Lucas had just stormed out of the door for a reason that was obviously unsaid.

I didn't notice I was crying until a tear hit my hand. I tried calling him, his phone was off.

I didn't know what to do.

I got up and walked to a near by Taco Bell. I aimlessly walked in the door and then left, people giving me weird looks because I probably looked like shit.

I went back to the hotel room and stayed there for two days.

Lucas wouldn't answer my calls or respond to my texts.

So I packed, and with tears in my eyes left Lucas a note saying I went back home, with no I love you at the end, and went to the airport to see if I could get a flight for later today since it was only the morning.

I got a flight for 5pm which was in 7 hours. I waited in the airport crying all day. It was 3pm and some people were departing a flight from San Antonio when I got a text. I ignored, but then got two more texts. I didn't want to answer them. I ignored once more until I got five more texts, then I looked.

"Laina!! Why is there pictures of Lucas kissing some bitch all over social media?"

"Laina look at twitter NOW"

And then I got the phone call.

Lucas' name popped up on my screen, tears were running down my cheek.

And in the middle of the airport I answered my phone and screamed at him "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"

He stuttered and tried to get words out he was afraid of me.

"Lucas don't say another word. We are over I don't care what your reasons are. We are through." And then I hung up.

Tears were streaming down my face and I buried my head in my hands.

A hand touched my back and I didn't look up to see who it was.

"H-hi," a warm, soothing male voice stuttered out, "are you okay?"

I looked up and standing above me was JC Caylen and his girlfriend Lia coming off the plane from San Antonio.

I shook my head slowly and gave him a sad smile.

Lia nudged his shoulder and he looked at me sympathetically, "I'm JC Caylen, and this is my girlfriend Lia," he introduced himself, like I didn't know. "I don't want you to be alone right now, and I don't know where your going but I can get you a new flight if you want to come back to our house for a little while." he offered.

I nodded and he helped me up and helped me with my bags.

We got in his car and Lia sat in the back with me and we talked about everything.

She was real, she was a genuine caring friend, not like my friends back home who just like to hang out with my older brother.

She actually made me smile a couple times, she had me turn off my phone so I would stop getting texts and when we got back to the house, which was huge, I remember I was with o2l.

But instead of freaking out I just decided to pretend like I didn't know.

They lead me inside and told me to wait on the couch. Lia showed me where the bathroom was and I went inside and looked in the mirror.

I didn't look awful considering I has just cried for 5 hours. I wiped my face with warm water until I looked normal and then applied some subtle makeup since I was in O2L's house, then sat back on the couch.

I heard voices upstairs and then someone coming down the stairs.

I was sitting on the couch with my legs curled up to my chest when Ricky, Sam, Kian, and Conner came downstairs.

They all sat down around me and we talked for hours.

"I'm sorry but this dude sounds like a douche." Sam said with a chuckle.

"Yeah it sounds like he just wanted to get in your pants for a year and a half haha" Ricky joined in.

I laughed in an awkward and started playing with my hair because I was missing Lucas a lot.

Kian noticed I was okay and while putting his hand on my hand he said, "I'm going to take Laina out for a little while. We'll be back soon."

We stood up and he opened the door for me and we walked out.

We drove for 30 minutes out to a little beach. Kian helped me out of the car and sat me down on the sand.

I looked out on the water and started thinking about Lucas.

"Laina I know how you feel." Kian said looking out to the water.

"Andrea and I dated for a while," he said talking about Andrea Russet whom he has recently broken up with, "the public details weren't very clear, but she broke up with me."

I gasped a little, hoping he didn't hear.

"It sucked because I was pretty much head over heels in love her, and she just broke up with me." he said and a tear rolled down his cheek.

We both stopped talking for a little and then I put my hand on his hand.

He looked over at me with his dark brown eyes and a small smile. I smiled back and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry that Lucas was such a jerk to you. You're just such a perfect girl how could he do that?" he said mostly to himself.

My blonde hair was getting in my face as the sun started to go down and Kian suggested we go back home.

When we got back to the house Connor was filming his video for his channel since he's not a part of o2l anymore.

I laughed in the background and he said, "OMG everybody we have a guest at the house," he pulled me on screen, "this is one of my really good friends Laina, say hi Laina!"

"Hey everybody!" I said as naturally as possible to the camera. Connor laughed at me and then pushed me off the camera and said "you're basic." then continued with his video.

Me and Kian both went to the kitchen to cook since it was 8:30 and we were both starving.

JC and Lia came in and Lia hugged me and asked how I was doing.

"One thousand percent better, I think I'm going to stay for a while if that's okay with you guys?" I asked everyone.

They all replied yes and hugged me, but the only arms I felt were Kian's around my waist and his head nuzzled into my neck.

I think I'm going to like it here.