Chapter 28

LAINA'S POV

I got an email today from Vidcon. I was being invited this year, after just hitting 2 million subscribers in less than a year I was getting crazy popular. Louis set me up with Andy Ashton Sr. who works with a branch of Louis' company.

I drove myself down to the office and met with Mr. Ashton.

"Hey Laina! I'm very excited to start working with you. First, we accepted the invite from Vidcon, TeenHoot, and Digi said they wanted to talk with you and Louis about a special tour you'd be traveling and hosting." Mr. Ashton told me when I walked in. He looked really familiar.

"Alright, and these would all be happening this summer correct?" I question looking at my new calendar.

"Um yes, Vidcon for 3 weeks in LA in June, TeenHoot for 4 weeks in July all up and down the east coast, and then the tour in August and probably part of September. So you have May to get some other stuff settled with..." He was looking around for something and I couldn't shake the feeling that he looked and acted so familiar.

"So Louis told me there was some kind of job offer from a magazine...?" I ask him.

"Ah yes! They were wondering if you wanted to model some."

I looked at him dead in the eye speechless. I was short and not all that pretty, I never expected to become a model.

"They would want to start after the private tour, but they want to have a primary shoot to have a basic idea of how far along you are."

I quickly nodded my head and agreed.

"Oh by the way, it's nice seeing how far you've come in less than a year, Drew had been telling me all about how successful you've become and how much he's crazy about you. I wish you hadn't left the school you were the only reason some people went to football games, to watch the star flyer haha."

Then it clicked. He was Drew's dad. I guess I can't break up with Drew now.

I said goodbye to Andy and walked out.

I got a text from Cameron Dallas, telling me that the magcon tour was coming to San Antonio and he wanted to see me. I quickly agreed and he said he would see me tomorrow at 2. Drew also texted me but I didn't want to answer.

***

JC'S POV

Louis told us that Laina was coming to Vidcon and TeenHoot and that he was talking to her about the tour over video chat tonight.

I was super excited to see what she would say. I was hoping it was yes because it would be hell to go without her. The house has been entirely too empty for the past 3 weeks and I needed my little Laina back.

I decided to call her.

PHONE CALL

L: Hey Jc! I miss you I'm sorry I haven't called!

J: I missed you too! So I heard you're coming to Vidcon next month!

L: yeah I am but I have a crazy packed schedule until then and I'm seeing Cam and the magcon boys tomorrow and I have a few photo shoots and then packing and getting ready for some very close together events, but I'm crazy excited to see you guys again.

J: well I heard about 2 million subscribers! That's amazing Laina. You should be really proud.

L: of course I am! Completely and totally proud.

J: well I hope I talk to you again before Vidcon.

L: yeah I got to go, tell Kian I miss him.

J: wanna talk to him?

End of call.

Kian and her haven't talked at all since she left. It must suck for him.

***

KIAN'S POV

I called Andrea and she was coming over in a few minutes. It was exhilarating talking to her again. She wasn't dainty and sweet, she's dangerous.

She opened the door and I heard confused tones from the boys.

"Hey Andrea, come upstairs." I said from the top of the stairs. She was pretty, but she was too tall for me, she was a little too tan and mostly, she wasn't Laina.

When we got up to my room she sat on my bed.

"You're a lot neater than I remember." she said looking around my room.

"Haha yeah I guess, hey Andrea?"

"Yeah Kian?"

"Wanna start over?"

"I would love that."

"Hello beautiful, I'm Kian Lawley." I said and she smirked and shook my hand, and then grabbed my face and smashed her aggressive and salty lips against mine.

And Laina's beauty flashed through my mine.

***