Chapter 7

LIA'S POV

"LAI!!!" I scream and run up to hug her as she gets discharged from the hospital.

"LIA!!!! Can I ask why I'm in the hospital and why my head hurts so bad?" Laina said with a really confused laugh.

I look at her. Then gasp and my eyes tear. "You don't... remember?" I say in a exhalation.

"Oh can I borrow your phone to call Sam? I guess mines still at home." She chuckles.

I hand her my phone and turn around and grab my car keys and purse. I motion to her to meet me in the car when she's done calling.

I start to cry for her in the car. I don't know what to tell her. About cutting or about Sam.

I guess I don't say anything for a little while.

****

LAINA'S POV

Phone call with Sammy

S: Lia please don't yell anymo-

L: Sam? Why aren't you at the hospital for me? (I giggle)

S: Do you remember what happened? Why are you talking to me?

L: I don't even know why I'm in the hospital haha, okay whatever I'll go to your apartment to you.

I hang up and run to the car.

"Li take me to Sammy's I need to see him!"

"You sure? Maybe you want to try to remember things first?" Lia asks questioningly.

"No I want to see my boyfriend." I laugh and give her a weird look. Reluctantly she starts the car and we go to Sam's.

****

"SAAAAAAAAM!!" I yell and run up to hug him. He holds me and whispers things into my shoulder.

"Sam? What's wrong?" I say and look at his face, he's crying.

"Laina I thought you'd never talk to me again. Do you know how you got in the hospital?"

"No, why? Why would I never talk to you again?"

"Uh- um I just didn't know how bad it was." he said mumbling to get the words out.

"Well, I'm here now. Let's go inside." I say pulling him to the door.

"Wait." He pulls me back into his arms and lifts me up to his lips and kisses me.

The world stops. Gravity is done, he is holding me to the ground. I'm floating. My whole body trembles and I smile into the kiss and I hold him tighter than I ever have.

He pulls back and rests his forehead on mine.

"Promise me something, promise me you're going to be with me through everything." He says in a hushed voice.

"Sam, of course." I whisper and he carries me inside and we kiss and snuggle on the couch for hours until he falls asleep. I'm on chest and his phone lights up and it's a text from Lia.

From Lia Girl💃

Are you ever going to tell her you're the reason? Are you going to tell her that the last words you said were "I always knew you were a cheater?"

And it all came back to me.