Chapter 3

Connor and I started spending a lot more time together actually.

Even though he wasn't on o2l anymore he would drive me back and forth from his little apartment where we would spend all day watching Netflix together.

Connor was one person I could never get enough of.

"Laina," Connor asked me one day, "do you think you'll be here for a while?"

I looked down at my shoes a little embarrassed at the answer to his question, "you know Connor, I'm not really sure."

"I would love it if you did." Connor said and hugged me tight for a long time. When I tried to pull back he hugged me tighter and nuzzled his head into my neck. I loved Connor and all the other boys I had met here.

****

CONNOR'S POV

I saw JC's car pull up and I saw him, Lia, and a mystery girl get out.

I didn't think much of it since JC always brings home friends so I expected it was Jenn or someone.

When they walked in JC trudged up the stairs and knocked on my door, "Con?"

"Why yes, honey?" I replied to JC in a sarcastic tone.

"We have a girl downstairs from the airport, she's super sad, do you think you could help?" I looked over to JC would looked really sorry for this girl.

Of course I accepted not rude enough to turn down the offer and after a few minutes I heard Kian running down the stairs. I quickly followed him and Sam as I saw her.

Her beautiful pony tail whipped around to look at what the commotion was and she looked in our direction and gave us this adorable weak smile I have had to give so many times before. I felt like I knew her pain and she didn't even have to open her lipstick stained lips to tell me she wasn't okay. I felt a connection between us even though she was across the room.

Laina.

****

---------------------------------------------

The next day Lia and I went out to buy me some more clothes.

"Laina. You're going to need some more clothes than that if you're staying your whole senior year." Lia complained to me.

That's right, my parents agree to letting me stay in California and work for my senior year. After a lot of arguing and convincing they realized I could do my classes and work after school and take college after. Since I was turning 18 in June either way they decided I could do what I want.

I laughed as Lia and I walked around the mall with the 5,000 dollars my parents had given me for a new wardrobe.

Just as we were walking into PacSun I got a text.

"Hey, are you home? Can we talk?" from Lucas. I hadn't told him I wasn't back in San Antonio yet and I honestly didn't plan to tell him.

I simply responded with, "I don't feel like talking is appropriate right now." and didn't respond to any of his other text messages.

After a full day of shopping I have 2,000 dollars and a new closet full of clothes and shoes. Today was very successful.

I got back home and Kian and Connor greeted me at the door.

"Hey, Laina!" Kian said and picked me up in a hug. "Let's go out." then he dragged me out the door and took me to a park.

"Kian," I hesitated.