Chapter 40

KIAN'S POV

"LAINA!" I scream and run to her lifeless body that lay on the floor. I look down at her and tears flow down my cheeks, I check for any sign of life, her heart is still beating. I quickly scoop her into my arms and carry her to the car, the guys following close behind.

"Kian stay in the back with her." Connor demanded as he got in the drivers seat and floored it to the hospital. On the way there I couldn't stop mumbling "This isn't real." "This can't be happening to my Laina." "She can't die." and my tears would fall on to her. I was hoping for a miracle at this point, I was hoping my tears and mumbles would magically wake her up and she would magically be okay, but this isn't a fairy tale and if we didn't get her to the hospital soon, she would definitely die. The girl I was in love with was laying practically dead in my arms, her head bleeding on to my shirt and her arm looked like it had been snapped in half like a tooth pick. I let more tears fall as I let my fingertips run over the bruises forming on her wrists and shoulders. "Make it through this for me Laina." I whisper into her ear and kiss her forehead.

When we got to the hospital I rushed her inside and the doctors quickly rolled her away on the gurney, and I fell to my knees in a puddle of my own tears as I watched her get rolled away.

***

LAINA'S POV

I opened my eyes to the bland ceiling of a hospital room. It was October and Sam and I had been dating for 3 months, or at least that's what I think. Sam had been violent recently, and judging by the deep purple and blue bruises on my wrists he hasn't lightened up. I looked to my right to see a nurse button on the hospital bed. I click it and almost instantaneously a nurse appears.

"Hello Ms. Laina." she said looking over my monitors and looking at a clipboard.

"Hi, can you send my boyfriend in? He's around 5'10 and has dark brown hair and really rosy cheeks." I say to the woman, she nods while frowning and quickly exits the room to go get Sam.

I breathed slowly and then tried to remember how I got into this hospital. I remember Sam and I... in a bedroom? I was pleading something... for his forgiveness? I'll just ask him when he comes in.

I waited 5 minutes before hearing mumbling outside.

"Sir she asked specifically for her boyfriend and gave me a description which matched this gentleman." The nurse that had come in before said outside my door.

"Please I need to see her." A male voice said, a voice I didn't recognize.

"In a few minutes sir." the nurse said before opening the door to reveal Sam.

"Sammy." I said under my breath before looking up at him. He looked different than he did before, he looked taller, and he got a haircut and I had never seen that shirt before.

"Lai" he said grabbing my hand. I flinched a little because it hurt my wrist and he had grabbed the hand connected to my broken arm.

"Sammy what happened? I'm so confused all I remember is us getting in a fight...? Maybe a disagreement." I say confused.

He looks back at me equally confused. "Laina... what are you talking about?" He said while standing up and approaching the bed.

"Sam I just know you've been struggling with your anger lately... you've been taking it out on me." I said while looking down at my purple wrists.

"Laina. I've been going to a therapist for my anger since March." He said and ran one of his hands through my hair.

"Sam that's ridiculous it's only October." I said laughing at him.