Chapter 17

LAINA'S POV

Kian keeps me home from school today and we just talk.

"Kian, I think I have to break up with Sam."i say nervously, knowing that no matter how close Kian and I are now, him and Sam will always be closer.

"Lai, all of us have been trying to tell you that for a long time." Kian says sheepishly.

Joker waltzes into the room and plops down on my fuzzy carpet. I chuckle slightly, and instantly miss my family.

"Kian," I take in a deep breath, "I think I need to go home." I say with tears threatening to spill over.

"But Lai... you can't just.... I understand." he said and gets up and walks out of the room. He reaches his room and slams the door.

What have I just done.

****

KIAN'S POV

I run across the hall into my bedroom and slam the door. I slide against the wall and I lay my head in my hands.

She can't just leave. Isn't California home for her? All of her friends are here, I'm here.

And her birthday is only 10 days away, she has to stay for her birthday!

A faint knock comes from the door. I stand up and open it.

Laina stands there, her blonde hair pulled into a pony tail, she's looking up at me, I stand a foot and 2 inches taller than her so she's straining to look me in the eye.

I put my hand on her shoulder, her eyes swell up with tears and one escapes her eye.

I quickly bring both hands to her face and wipe away the tear.

"Please stay." I whisper.

"I don't know if I can." Her voice cracks as more tears come and I wipe them away too.

"Stay for me." I say almost inaudibly, but I know she hears it.

"I want to, but I can't." she whispers and looks down as more tears fall.

"At least stay for your birthday." I beg her and lift her head up to look into my eyes. Her brown/green eyes connect with mine, I feel her breathing hinge for a moment until she's back in control.

I lightly rub her cheek with my thumb as a single tear escapes my eye, "please Laina."

"I'll stay for two more weeks." she says weakly.

"Thank you!" I screech and pull her in and pick her up.

She jumps on my back, "wanna order pizza?"

"Of course I do!" I run downstairs to Lia and Jc's room.

"Hey, want pizza?" Laina asks from my back. I smell her sweet strawberry conditioner and I take in the smell.

"YES I'LL ORDER." JC jumps up and grabs his phone off his nightstand, dialing the pizza place nearest our house whose number he's already memorized.

****

LIA'S POV

A few hours later we have only finished one of the three x-large pizzas JC ordered.

"Who could eat this much pizza, babe?" I ask him and laugh as he finished his 7th piece.

"Me."

We all laugh and Ricky and Connor come downstairs to join us.

"Now that you're all here," Laina says nervously, "I need to say something. Please don't interrupt until the end."

She takes a deep breath, "I'm going to break up with Sam the next time I see him." There are smiles all around the room, everyone's been waiting for this. "But, since he is here all the time, and since you guys are a lot closer with him, I'm going to have to go home to my family." 

I stop breathing. Tears swell up in my eyes and threaten to spill over. I'm losing my best friend.

"Excuse me for a moment." I say quietly and practically run to my room and lock the door.

"I'm losing Laina." I say into my pillow and the tears spill out.

I hear the front door open.

I hear Sam's voice ring all over the house.

Well fuck.

****

Sorry for such a short chapter but I'm getting the feeling that people don't like my story? I would just like a little more feedback.

So comment if you think Laina should break up with Sam or not?

Thanks loves

Xoxo Tess