Chapter 48

KIAN'S POV

Even after I dropped Andrea off after the beach I was still thinking about the night that Laina was talking about.

*FLASHBACK*

"Kian it's breath taking up here." Laina said crawling on to the roof of our old house. I sat with my hands on my knees, taking in the view.

"Laina, do you see this sunset?" I asked and she nodded, sitting next to me and mimicking my positioning. "Don't you think that it would be almost sinister to settle for anything less but this perfect sunset?" I asked and she nodded again. "That's how frustrating it is to see you settling for people that don't deserve you. It's like the sky settling for just a gradual light blue to dark blue, with no brilliant dazzling colors to illuminate the world." I sighed. I could feel Lainas's eyes watching me. "Please stop settling Laina. You're so much better than you know, you deserve so much more."

She laced her fingers and mine and I felt a warm, wet tear hit my arm where her head was laying.

*END*

I sighed and tightened my grip on the steering wheel. I pulled into a florist shop parking lot and got out, buying a dozen white roses and entering my car again. I picked up some Chinese food from Laina's favorite place and headed home.

***

SAM'S POV

I stared into my computer screen and scrolled through Twitter, favoriting and retweeting fans tweets. I heard a small knock on the door frame and close my computer screen to reveal Laina standing there. She was leaning against the wall, her hair was natural and she had no makeup on. She had on pajama shorts which were so short i classified them as underwear, which she paired with a camisole. Her boot made her stance awkward but she still looked adorable. I smiled when I saw her. She hobbled up to my bed and grabbed my face. She started kissing me hungrily, she was desperately searching my mouth for answers.

She climbed on top of me and continued to make out with me. "Laina." I said into the kiss, "Laina stop." I said and she pulled away. She looked at me with tear filled eyes and broke down in my arms. She cried her heart out as she mumbled things about needing to remember but wanting to forget and I let her tire herself out and fall asleep in my lap.

LAINA'S POV

I sat at the top step, looking down at the landing in between two sets of stairs. I sighed and ran my hand all the way down my hair, needing to remember what happened here. I sat for an hour and a half at the top of the stairs, hoping some inkling of knowledge of what happened would show, but it didn't. I sighed and stood up, getting ready to give up, when Jc stood at the bottom of the staircase looking up at me. I got a flash of a memory, Lucas at the bottom of these stairs.

"Hey Lai." Jc said, taking three steps and stopping, another image replayed in my mind, Lucas slowly making his way towards me. Jc closed the space between us, and hugged me. I couldn't breathe. My brain flooded with the rest of my memory, all of my memories of everyone. And even my memories of Lucas. When Jc parted with me I collapsed, not being able to support my own weight. I was on my hands and knees, clutching large chunks of my hair in my hands and gasping for breath. My memories were hitting me like cars, colliding with my brain sending awful waves of pain through my body. I was looking up at the ceiling and I could hear Jc calling my name but I didn't respond.

Images of my rag doll body flying down the stairs, at Lucas's disposal, flashed through my mind. The memory of my arm snapping underneath my weight sent shocks of pain to my arm.

Images of me and Cam when we were dating, laughing together and having fun, images of my first photo shoot, images of me running away back home, images of Sam standing over me with a hand raised, images of Lucas sitting drunk and naked in a bed as I slipped my clothes on, it all flooded my head like a waterfall.