Chapter 25

LAINA'S POV

I woke up with an awful back ache. I was confused when I woke up and realized I was home.

I went on Twitter and saw Kian posted "I miss you"

I knew he was talking about me. I sighed. I wanted to text him, so I posted on Twitter "just because I'm gone doesn't mean we can't talk anymore."

I sighed again and got on a pair of jean shorts and a white flowy crop top. I brushed my hair and put some red glasses on my head. I added a lot of mascara and a good amount of eyeliner on. I added some popping red lipstick and looked at myself in the mirror.

I put on my black doc martins and smirked at myself. I looked good. I was tan from my months in California and my brown/blonde hair has grown down to my waist.

I grabbed my car keys and got in. I put down the convertible and put on my sunglasses and drove down the road. I laughed as some guys tried to hit on me at a red light. I pulled into a small cafe parking lot.

The cafe was the same as how I left it. I walked in and the owner ran to me, "Laina!" She yelled and hugged me. I ordered my regular, a mocha frap.

She gave me my drink free of cost and I sat at a table and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

A text from Lia.

From Liamazing💥
Hey Lai, just wanted to see how you were. We all miss you and Joker seems so depressed without you.

To Liamazing💥
Hey Li, lets skype when I get home, I'll text you when I'm there

I finished my drink and as I was walking out I felt eyes on me. I looked around the shop and saw a guy sitting in the corner.

I walked out and saw a red mustang sitting out front. My breathing hinged and I got in my car and floored it home.

***

LIA'S POV

I squealed when Laina texted me that she was home and got on the computer.

She called me and I answered immediately.

(I'm just gonna do like a transcript of the convo Laina is in bold)

"LAINA!"

"LIA!"

"I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too! Home isn't as good as there."

"I hope you come back soon."

"I don't know Lia. I feel like I need to be here."

"Take your time. Come home when you're ready.

"Where is Kian."

"Do you want me to get him?"

"Not yet. And actually I have to go. Tell him I miss him. love you bye."

(End of call)

I was confused by her haste at the end but let it slide.

***

LAINA'S POV

"Hey Laina." Derrick said walking into my room.

"Hey."

"Wanna go to a party tonight? It's an open house and I thought you may want to come?"

"Of course. That's exactly what I need."

"Okay well I'm gonna make you some late lunch." He said with a smile. I love that guy.

It was 2 and the party was at 7. Too much time to spare.

I went downstairs and ate the pasta that Derrick made me.

I looked at the clock, 3.

I got into my bathing suit and went in the pool and swam around. Each time I went underneath I expected to come up and see Kian.

I had so many memories of us in the pool.

It was really hard not talking to him.

I got out of the pool, it was 5 and I decided to get ready.

***