Chapter 16

LAINA'S POV

I walk Sam out the door to his car. And I kiss him goodbye and walk back inside.

"Ugh." I say to myself, "I still have to unpack." I look at all the boxes around my room and open one. The first thing I saw was the little white box full of envelopes from Sam.

I'm going to read them all. I swear, it took me 2 hours to read all the letters and I cried so many times. I really like Sam. Really LIKE. And I know I won't be with him forever. And I just feel bad because, he loves me.

I need to sleep on this.

I lay in my bed and drift into sleep. I start to dream. In my dream I'm running, running running running away from, Sam. and I run into someone's arms, Kian? And that person protects me.

I wake up screaming and Kian runs into my room holding me in his arms. I do feel rather safe when I'm with Kian. It was 6 so I started to get ready for school.

"Want me to drive you today Laina?" Lia asked when I got downstairs.

"Of course I do Li" I say smiling and hugging her as we walk out the door.

"Hey Laina, how have you been?" Lia asks as we buckle ourselves in.

"I've been good. I met a guy at school, Joe Sugg the YouTuber. That's where I am every Tuesday." I admit blushing.

"Laina if Sam finds out he will freak out. He's been doing so well. I know you and Joe are just friends, but Sam won't get that." she said turning into the school parking lot. "Just be careful, okay babe?" she said hugging me and letting me leave the car.

I wave goodbye and I spot Bethany, Katie, and Trevor across the lot. I walk over to them and hug them all. "Trev when are you moving into the house?" I ask him after we release our hug.

"Probably this weekend, Katie is going to help me move in." He said putting his arm around Katie.

"Okay cool. I'm going to get to class! Bye guys!" I say and walk away. I walk into school and as usual people come up to me and say hi and try to start conversation even though they don't actually want to be my friend, just my fame's friend.

I finally make it into first period and sit next to Joe who I hug. "Hey Joey," I say with a smile.

"How are you beautiful?" He asks politely, "Are we hanging out today?" even though it's Monday I say yes and we then pay attention in class.

At the end of the day I text Kian

To Keeny Bikini❤️

Hey you don't need to pick me up today, going to hang with a friend😊

I quickly send it and get in the car with Joe and head over to his house.

"Let's do our homework and then watch a movie? Or we can make a video?" Joe asks when we get inside and sit on the couch.

Shit I totally forgot about my video I have to post today! "A video sounds great actually." I say and take out my trig homework.

We laugh and talk and finally finish our homework.

"Let's do the Dirty Whisper challenge!!" Joe screams grabbing a pair of large headphones.

I set up the camera and I do my intro, which Joe joins me in. We start the video and I laugh so hard I cry and Joe just looks so confused. We end the video and Lia comes to pick me up from Joe's.

"Hey Lia, thanks for picking me up." I say and hug her when I get it.

"Kian's pissed at you. I suggest when you get inside you just go straight up to your room and lock the door." Lia says with a chuckle.

Why is Kian pissed at me?

****

KIAN'S POV

I'm so beyond mad and Laina. I thought she told me everything but I had to find out from a post on twitter from some stupid fan that Laina and Joe Sugg are hanging out?? This is ridiculous.

I don't want to see her or look at her or think about her.

Oh crap the door just opened. It's her.

I run towards the door and Lia is the only one standing there. "Where's Laina?" I say in a booming voice as Lia points up the stairs.

I practically sprint up the stairs and Laina's room is closed. I try to open it but she locked it. Damnit Lia.

I hear her tapping on her computer, probably editing a video, and then I hear her close her computer. I can tell she laid back on her bed because I hear it creak. I hear her sigh loudly and I instantly feel bad. She shifts on her bed and I hear her scream loudly into her pillow. I hear her sobs and then I hear her enter her bathroom.

"LAINA!" I pound on the door, "LAINA PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR." No answer.

I do what I have to do and I grab the spare key I have and open the door even though I promised I'd never use it.

I walk over to the bathroom and lightly knock on the door. I can tell she got scared and dropped something small and metal.

"Lai please open the door." I say quietly and in a weak voice, about to cry.

"Lai, I'm sorry please open the door." I don't hear anything but her short breaths from in the bathroom.

"Lai?" I try one last time before trying the door knob, it's not locked.

I look down at her hip, only two small very not deep cuts. A tear escapes my eyes and she jumps up to hug me crying into me.

I pick her up and carry her to her bed. I lay with her and she sleeps.

When I'm sure she's asleep I whisper to her, "Lai, I love you."