Chapter 5

KIAN'S POV

Ow. That hurts. I was even going to talk to Sam tonight. Whatever.

I hear Lai whisper, "I'm gonna talk to Kian, out." I saw a smirk on Sam's lips while Lai looked genuinely concerned.

"Ki-" she starts, but I cut her off.

"Save it, Lai. I'm not stupid I saw you guys in the car I saw you when I walked in the room. You like him, he likes you. I'm happy for you." I lie with a smile.

"Ki Ki. I'm sorry. I don't know why you're getting so hurt by all of this." She said looking to the ground and letting a tear out.

Kian no, no Kian don't feel sorry. "I'm sorry, Lai." Fuck. I didn't want to apologize. "I'm just overprotective." and I love you.

Wait. No I don't love her.

Sam does.

****

SAM'S POV

I don't hear anything from the room. Is Lai okay? I want to barge in there so badly. She shouldn't have let Kian walk in on us. She's so stupid she should have locked the door!

Sam what are you saying? Pull it together don't let your anger management get out of hand.

****

LAINA'S POV

I hug Kian and walk out of the room to Sam.

"What took you so long?" He practically screams grabbing my biceps really hard.

"Ow, Sam." I whisper letting a whine of pain escape.

"Oh, sorry." he says practically throwing me down and backing up.

I walk over to the couch and plop down and switch the tv on. Sam walks over and sits behind me with me in between his legs, head on his chest.

He's gently playing with my hair and rubbing my arms in little circles. He kisses my forehead and I look up and him and point at my lips.

He chuckles at me and bends down to kiss my lips gently.

I start to slip into sleep with Sam gently humming in my ear.

*****

ONE MONTH LATER

I wake up with a letter under my head.

It reads

Good morning my beautiful girl. When you get this letter you will immediately get dressed in the outfit Jenn helps you pick out. Put on the blindfold Tyler gives you and let JC and Lia drive you to a secret place.

-Sam

Aw my Sammy! He's so sweet!

"JEEEEEEEEEEEEENN!!" I yell.

"I've already picked it out my dear." she said with a wink. I run up to Kian and my bedroom and throw on the outfit and leave my hair as is. I look in the mirror at my high waisted light wash shorts and my right black short sleeve crop top. I paired it with my gray Toms, put on some light mascara and eyeliner then go to Tyler.

"Where's my blindfold babay!" I say and he hands me the black piece of clothe. I put it on and yell for JC and Lia.

"I'll guide you to the car." Lia giggles and takes me out.

TWO HOUR CAR RIDE LATER

Oh my God this is taking forever.

"Okay!" Lia squeals, "we're here!"

I practically jump out of the car and I am escorted up a very large flight of stairs into a house and then more stairs. "ugh so many stairs, Lia." I whine to her and she smacks my arm.

"Okay," she giggles, "when I leave the room take off the blindfold. When I hear the door close I take off the blindfold.

Okay. There's a note. It reads.

This is my parents house. For our one month anniversary I want you to meet them. I laid out the outfit I thought you should wear on the bed. Come to the bedroom directly to the right of this when you have it on.

-Sam

I look at the adorable sundress and sandals Sam picked out for me. The sundress is a very subtle light pink with a lace waist band, the top is form fitting while the bottom flows. the sandals are brown and strappy.

After I get everything on, I go to the room next door.

"Sam..?" I ask as I enter the room and see a figure sitting by the window.

"Baby," he turns and walks to me. He's wearing pink Kakis and a dark blue shirt and sperrys.

I hug him and he squeezes me. does he realize his grips and hugs are always so tight?

"Let's go downstairs to meet my parents." he says. I gulp and tense up. he just continues to pull me along. "You'll be fine." He whispers in my ear and kisses my cheek.

"Oh my, Laina right?" Sam's mother wattles over to me in her extra tall heels. She shouldn't be wearing them she is already 4 inches taller than Sam.

"Yes it is. And you must be Sam's parents." I say and smile trying to be natural.

His dad glares at me and nods. "Well come sit," he motions to the table, "there's food to be eaten."

****

After the meal Sam and I say goodbye to his lovely parents and get in the car to go back home.

"Sam, your house is huge!" I gasp the second we get in the car.

He nods and shrugs at the same time, turning the key in the car and kissing me before saying, "I hope you enjoyed meeting my family."

"I hope they enjoyed meeting me."

"I haven't stopped talking about you since we met, they've been dying to meet you."

And with that I just contentedly smile and me and Sam jam out the rest of the way home.

We get home at 7pm and walk inside to hear... silence.

I'm worried and Sam laughs, probably at my reaction to the quiet home.

"Okay, Lai." he says and grabs my waist, "I'm headed home, see you tomorrow." he pulls me in for one passionate kiss and I feel the lightening again. I like him so much. I don't think I love him though.

"Goodnight babe." and with that he leaves.

I go up to my room and Kian's still awake laying in bed, it's only 7 so I'm not surprised.

"Hey ki ki." I say and start changing my clothes.

I start to take off my bra to put on my sleeping shirt and then I remember, Kian's in the room.

"Lai..." he says, noticing I've stopped breathing and moving.

"I didn't remember you were in the room." I say almost inaudibly.

"Just put and shirt on and get in bed." he says laughing and throwing a pillow at me.

I put a shirt on and we watch movies on Netflix for a while.

I daze into sleep.

***

I wake up the next morning and I'm snuggled up to Kian.

I know I should move but I don't.

And then I hear Sam's voice say, "Laina?"

Fuck.