Chapter 20

LAINA'S POV

I decided I probably needed to tell Connor I was okay.

To: ConBon My Love😍❤️

Hey Connie, I just wanted to tell you I'm home. I don't know what I would do without you.

I sent it and he read the text, he didn't respond.

I brushed it off and I continued making myself some food, I look through my Instagram feed and realize I haven't posted in like 3000 years.

"KIAAAAAAAAAAAAN" I scream through the house. He comes into the kitchen, panting from running.

"Take a cute selfie with me for Instagram" I plead and he complies.

The picture is of me, my blonde hair looking beautiful with its natural waves, looking down smiling and Kian kissing my cheek. You can tell he's holding me and it's so funny because he has to bend down so much to kiss my cheek. "Awwww Kiki we are so cute!!" He laughs at me and I post the picture. comments flood about how we need to date and how we would make YouTube famous babies, but I see one comment that makes my heart stop.

From Derrick, @derricktheman says: I miss you Lainapop, come home soon.

I instantly dial his number, I miss my brothers more than anything.

Phone conversation between Derrick and Laina

D: Hello?

L: DERRICK!

D: omg Laina. I-I miss you baby sis.

L: I'll be home in 9 days!

D: I know and I can't wait to see you! The whole town knows you're coming home! We are so excited.

L: the whole town...

D: yeah, even him. I'm sorry Laina Jenn won't stop tickling me I got to go, I love you.

End of call.

Could Lucas really know I was coming home?

***

KIAN'S POV

Even though she didn't show it I knew she loved her home town.

And as she was on the phone with her brother, I remembered that she had a family she could go home to still. Brothers and sisters and a mom and dad, they all missed her like crazy. They miss her like I'm going to miss her.

I know she needs to be with them, but can't she just be with me too?

***

LAINA'S POV

It was two days until my birthday. Which means only 8 more days in this house, for now.

"Hey Lia?" I say knocking on her and Jc's door.

"Yeah Lai?"

"Wanna go to the mall so I can buy myself a birthday present?"

"Of course!!!" She screeches and jumps up to get ready.

While I'm laughing at her I walk upstairs to my room and I got ready too.

I put on a cream colored long sleeve crop top and some red shorts. I straightened my hair and put in a leathery red bow (A/N you can buy the shirt at pacsun and the bow at h&m)

I met Lia at the front door and she was wearing a floral crop top and some jean shorts.

I walked to the car and Lia got in the drivers seat.

"Lai, you know you haven't even been here a year yet. And you're already leaving." She said like it was nothing, like it didn't tear me apart inside.

"Lia I know. I'm only going to tell you this, but I plan on coming back. I just... like I dropped out of high school! I took half assed online classes sure, but I never got to stay home and be head cheerleader at my school like I've been waiting for, i never got to be a senior." I whispered the last few sentences not trusting my voice.

"It's Lucas isn't it." Lia said as she pulled into the mall parking lot, "you're going to see Lucas."

I nodded.

We went through the mall and I got myself shoes and accessories but not many clothes.

The drive home was silent but it was a happy silent, Lia is my best friend, I could never lose her, no matter what my decision is.

***

KIAN'S POV

All of us have been planning Laina's birthday party all day. We are inviting all of her favorite YouTubers.

I hope she loves it.

****

A/N

Okay so don't hate me for the short chapter but the next one is Laina's birthday party and if you've ever read any fan fictions you know that the parties are always drammmmmaaaa

Xoxo

@Totallytesss