5.2

Chapter 52: Worried sick

Present

"Are you okay?" Arthur asks as he and a shaky, wide-eyed Harry enter into Harry's large home. Harry runs a hand through his hair, breaths shuddery. "Harry, darling." Arthur furrows his eyebrows and reaches out to touch Harry's arm. The curly-haired boy stares down at the soft touch and then at Arthur's face, before he surges forward to desperately kiss the boy.

"Harry, love. We can't," Arthur gently pushes Harry away. He cups his cheeks with both hands, thumbing over the tears that begin leaking from Harry's eyes. "Haz. Let's talk this out, okay?"

"I-I should have asked," Harry chokes out. "I'm sorry. You didn't want it," he rambles, seeming out of his mind at this point. "I—you. Do you hate me? I hurt you." He cries harder and Arthur shakes his head wildly.

"Harry. You haven't hurt me, what are you talking about?" Arthur begins getting desperate as well, eyes running over every inch of Harry's face, trying to get any clue on what is happening. "I don't care that you kissed me, is that what you are talking about?" Arthur pecks Harry's lips quickly. "See? I don't mind, Hazza. I just don't want you upset."

Harry tugs himself away from Arthur's hands, quickly walking over in the direction of his room, one arm blocking his eyes. Arthur hears his sobs echoing through the tall ceilings and large rooms and after standing in shock for a moment, he takes off after Harry, feet carrying him to the room quickly.

"Harry!" He makes it to the room in time to see Harry opening a bottle of pills as he sits on the ground, back against his bed. The white and red meds scatter along the ground when Harry struggles with the cap and jolts them too hard. The blue-eyed boy is immediately on his knees, picking them up before Harry gets his hands on them.

Harry holds out a shaky hand, his bottom lip trembling and eyes blinking tears. "P-please. I need them—one. They are my anxiety meds," Harry sobs and brings his knees to his chest. "I'm gonna have—I can feel one coming on. Don't leave me, please. I might do something bad." His voice is muffled now and his breathing erratic.

"I am just going to the kitchen to grab you some water, okay?" Arthur quickly takes the pills out of the room, placing them in the kitchen where Harry can take them tomorrow. He grabs the boy a bottle of water and some panadol. Arthur knows when Harry has attacks like this, the stress usually leads to his headache episodes kicking in.

He rushes back to the boy and sits next to him, pulling Harry into his arms and kissing his curls. "I thought he was dead," Harry cries. "I thought I lost him. I should have noticed something was wrong."

"Harry, he most likely drank too much..." Arthur says softly, rubbing at Harry's shoulder. "Doctors deal with this stuff a lot. He was downing down those blue drinks like there was no tomorrow. You aren't to blame."

"It's not that." Harry turns to Arthur, shaking his head, eyes scrunched shut as he cries. "Those blue drinks, Zayn told me they were mocktails. He was buying them for Louis—no alcohol. Louis is a lightweight. Zayn said he honestly doesn't think Lou drank enough beforehand for that to be the problem, Arth. Something else is wrong with him."

Arthur falters and holds his crying friend closer to him. "The doctors will work it out, Harry... He was still alive, still had a good heartbeat. It would have been so much worse if you weren't there for him to fall onto. He could have got a head injury—" Arthur pauses. "For someone who has been through so much because of him, you are really worried about him, Haz."

Harry wipes at his eyes and shrugs. "He is an employee—"

"Don't bullshit me, Harry. You and I both know that isn't what's wrong." Arthur pushes curls from Harry's eyes, pressing his lips to his forehead. "Tell me the truth. I'm not going to judge you, you know that."

"I-I think I'm—I really like him, Arthy. And I don't know what to do. What if—what if," Harry's breathing picks up again and Arthur shushes him softly, holding him tighter. "I need to be there with him. I need to know if he is okay."

A/N: Hi, darlings! How are you today? <3 I have a new book called 'The Yellow Picket Fence' and a new one coming out when I hit 4k followers, which is called 'Passion'! If you are interested in reading more of my writing, make sure to check them out! :)

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- Thoughts on Harry's reaction? Did you except it?

- What did you think of Arthur this chapter?

- Thoughts on the reveal of Zayn buying Louis non-alcoholic cocktails?

- What do you think will happen next chapter?

Please leave me some comments and have a great day/night, lovelies! xo