6.2

Chapter 62: Abandoned

Present

“Is this a bad idea?” Louis giggles as he pushes himself through a small gap in a fence. He and Harry had been walking around for over an hour, just enjoying each other's company. That is until Louis sobered up more, and suggested he and Harry went to one of his favourite spots. 

“Very,” Harry laughs, looking around to ensure nobody is witnessing them sneaking into the pool. “How do you even know about the hole around here?” Harry whispers as he drops to his knees and follows Louis in.

“Who do you think made it?” Louis replies cheekily and cautiously begins stripping off his jeans, eyes glancing at Harry nervously. “Thank you for doing this with me. I have always come here alone.” Louis mumbles and begins getting into the slightly lit up pool, in his boxers and tee-shirt. "Thank God it is heated... We may freeze to death on the walk back to the club to get your car, though."

The pool is surrounded by a large, tall, wire fence, which is bordered in vibrant, green plants. It looks unmaintained and kind of gross, except for the pool, which is a light blue, lit with small lights in the bottom of it. 

"No problem," Harry replies nervously. He tugs off his top and grabs onto the hem of his jeans, pushing them down slowly. He pulls the bottom of his boxers further down his thighs, trying to hide the cuts, but he knows fully well they are visible, especially when he sees Louis jolt to look the other way. "Sorry," the younger winces as he folds his jeans up, places them on an old bench and walks back to the pool, hands covering his thighs.

"It's not your fault..." Louis says softly. Harry gets into the pool and walks over to him through the water, a sad smile on his face.

"It kind of is." Harry frowns. "I—I don't talk about it a lot." Louis reaches over to him, grabbing Harry's hand and pulling him towards himself. "I was stupid." Harry stares behind Louis, body tense.

"Hazza, no, babe," Louis touches his cheek softly, swiping over the soft skin with his thumb. "Listen to me, you aren't stupid. You're so clever and smart—so precious." Louis whispers. "Look at me."

Harry does so, his shiny eyes falling on Louis. "I didn't want anyone to see them... And you have already seen them multiple times."

"It is okay, love," Louis chuckles half heartedly. He wipes one of Harry's stray tears and leans forward to kiss his cheek, wrapping his arms around his neck. "I'll pretend I don't know about it... It doesn't change the way I feel about you. Never will."

Harry pulls out of Louis' grip. "And how is that—how do you feel about me?"

"We both know how I feel about you, Harry."

"Lou," Harry breathes out. "We can't."

Louis frowns, rubbing at his own arm insecurely. "Why, Harry?"

"Because of these," Harry motions down to the cuts and scars. "Because of why they are there..." Louis' bottom lip begins to tremble and he closes his eyes, taking a step away from Harry. "I want you better and I want you happy, Louis. I do. But I don't know if I can..."

"What does CCS mean, Harry?" Louis questions, his eyes scrunched shut and teeth gritted, the sinking feeling of regret already flooding his body.

"What?"

"CCS. That night we... I seen it." Louis opens his eyes. "What does it mean?" His voice comes out soft, breathless, like he already knows the answer, but he awaits it nonetheless.

The leaves on the trees around them flutter and rustle in the cold wind as Harry stutters over words, looking like a deer caught in a pair of headlights.

"Curly cock sucker."

"Fuck." Louis takes more steps backwards until he collides with the tiled wall. He spins around and pushes himself up, attempting to get out of the pool.

"Where are you going?" Harry sniffles, wiping at his eyes and pushing through the water to get to Louis.

"I feel sick. I am going to throw up," Louis says, now kneeling at the side of the pool.

"Louis, get back into the pool. It is too cold." Harry reaches to grab Louis' hand, tugging on it gently until he finally agrees. Louis slides back into the pool, eyes glancing away from Harry.

"I'm so sorry." Harry opens his mouth to say something, but Louis holds his hand up, halting the words. "I know I have said it so many times... But I truly mean it. I'm a broken record at this point. But I never meant to hurt you. It was never my intention. I'm not that person—never was. Never will be."

The sound of their breaths fill the air. Harry, is left stunned, and with no clue what to say, so Louis changes the subject.

“Remember when we were at the pool? When we were kids, you were there with your sister?” The smaller asks, eyes zoned in on the water that ripples as he pushes it around with his hands.

“Yeah, I do… Stan was hitting on my sister.” Harry chuckles bitterly, clenching his hands underneath the water as the imagery sparks into his mind of that day. “Were you guys’ together then?” Harry’s chest tightens as he awaits the answer, his eyes bored in on Louis, who is looking down at the water still, head bowed in sadness. 

 “I don’t know,” Louis shakes his head, still treading the water a little, his eyebrows furrowed in thought. “He never really asked me out, one day we were friends and the next I was his...Possession. I couldn’t even look at anyone else, but he was sleeping with others regularly.” Louis looks up at Harry and shrugs. “I said something to him one day, I regret it now… But he just snapped. It was like he was a whole new person.”

“Why did you marry him?”

Louis becomes silent and purses his lips. “He told me he would stop sleeping around. He wanted me to be his on paper. I don’t know, it was always messy with Stan. Still is, really.”

"While I am around, he won't hurt you," Harry murmurs. "I'll look after you... I promise." Harry reaches to hold Louis' hand underneath the water.

“I just want to feel okay again," Louis whispers, face centimetres from Harry's own. His eyes flicker to the boy's lips and back to his eyes, that are shining in the pool light.

"Me too." Harry's voice trembles as he talks. A beat of silence fills the air before Harry is grabbing the side of Louis' face and meeting their lips together in a kiss.

Louis gasps and smiles. He wraps his legs around Harry's waist, tilting his head in a better position to feel Harry's lips gliding against his own. "Finally."

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you liked this chapter! Please remember to interact and leave some comments. The last chapter didn't do too well and it really hurts when I put so much effort into these chapters. I would appreciate it a lot. <3

- How are you?

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- What did you think of Harry's reveal of CCS?

- What do you think Louis told Stan that made him snap?

- How do you think Harry will react when the realisation of the kiss hits him?

- How do you think Louis will react to the kiss?

- What do you want to happen next?

- What do you think will happen next?

Please leave some comments and have a great day/night! xo