2.2

Chapter 22: Admitting

Present

Harry walks into the office with his head down. He brushes past workers and gives them a fake smile, a real one blossoming only when he makes it to his own office. He pushes open the door and slams it shut with a choked breath.

Harry tugs at his hoodie sleeves, looking around a little before walking to his desk. Once he sits down, he begins pulling at his hair, heart pounding in his chest  He had imagined hundreds of scenarios on what it would be like if he came face to face with someone from school and this went nothing like that.

"Mr Styles," Louis mocks cheerfully, pushing open the door. His large smile immediately drops at the sight of Harry. "Is something wrong?" Harry just shrugs and tries to smile at Louis. Louis places the papers on the desk and moves around to the other side of it, sitting on the wood, right in front of Harry.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks, amusement in his voice. He scoots his chair closer to Louis, looking up at him and smiling a little.

"Uh," Louis' tongue darts out to moisten his lips. "Guess I should have had a game plan. Anyways, I am trying to cheer you up. What's wrong, curly?"

Harry's mouth goes dry and he whimpers a little, biting his lower lip. Louis' eyes widen a little and he chuckles nervously, leaning forward to tug gently on one of Harry's chocolate ringlets.

"Love your curls so much," Louis whispers, in hopes that maybe Harry wouldn't catch onto his slip up. "I wish I had curly hair, though, I'd probably look dumb."

"I don't think you would. I think you'd look cute," Harry says in a whisper, eyes fluttering softly. Louis' breath hitches visibly and he begins blushing.

"Thank you," he mumbles back, a fond smile gracing his face. He picks at the material of his jeans, not lifting his eyes to meet Harry's. "What can I do to cheer you up?" He only then lifts his eyes in a somewhat flirtatious way, that Harry doesn't catch on to.

"I wanna get laid," Harry huffs and Louis splutters, thinking Harry was aiming the statement at him.

"Uh... Yeah, okay." He takes a sharp breath in and looks around the room, his eyes slightly widened. He squirms a little and smiles at Harry awkwardly.

"I need to find someone first... Maybe I'll message Perrie, she has a cousin who apparently has a crush on me," Harry mumbles. He'd never usually say stuff like this, but right now he just needs to do anything to get over the pain, and he knows cutting isn't the answer, although he badly wants to do it.

Louis blushes in embarrassment and nods. Did he really think Harry meant him? "That's a good idea. Just do whatever makes you happy, I guess." Louis places a fake grin onto his face and hops off of the desk. "I need to go finish my errands, let me know if you need anything."

"Thanks, Lou," Harry mumbles, eyes tracing the boys face. Louis stares back at him and smiles, pulling his teeth between his lips. "Your eyes are so pretty..." Harry mutters in his trance, to which Louis just blushes at, looking down at his feet.

"Have you seen your own?" Louis giggles a little under his breath. "I should go... Have fun doing- that." Louis scurries off while Harry just watches, his dimples cratering in his cheeks.

Another knock on the door sounds through his office and Harry grins cheekily. "Forget something, Mr Lucas?" He says in an almost suggestive tone.

"It's Mr Malik." Zayn chuckles awkwardly as he steps around the door. He watches Harry's smile drop, and his heart does the same. "I am so, so sorry about everything. I shouldn't have said that stuff."

Harry just shrugs and nods, forcing a small smile to form onto his face. "It's fine, Zayn. Don't worry about it." Zayn just nods and walks over to Harry, taking in the mans clothing.

"New hoodie?"

"Louis'... Oh, well his ex's, I guess." Harry stands up and shows Zayn the size of it. "Can you imagine how cute Louis would look all cuddled up in this?" He smiles fondly, scrunching his nose a little at the thought.

"You like him," Zayn notices in a knowing tone. He sits down at Harry's desk, hands folding over each other, grinning wide and waiting for the 'tea'.

Harry glances up immediately and looks straight back down, shrugging his shoulders a little. "I don't... Not like him."

"You should ask him on a date..."

"I barely know him, Zayn. Plus, I don't think he is even interested in me."

"You're just too insecure to see it, Haz. Lots of people have crushes on you! I mean, look at you!" He motions to Harry, who stares at him with wide eyes. "You're a dream boyfriend. Just ask him out. The worst that could happen is he declines, will that kill you?"

A small smile plays on Harry's face. "Maybe... But, I can't. I am going to find someone and have a one night stand!" Harry says, head high and seeming proud of himself.

"That doesn't sound like a you thing to do..."

"I've been living in fear my whole life. It's time to go out and have some fun, Zayn. I don't have time for a relationship."

A/N: thoughts? Please leave me some comments! xo