5.4

Chapter 54: Look After You

Present

"Have you messaged Niall?" Harry asks through the hospital curtain, where Louis gets dressed behind. Louis curses softly and Harry chuckles, holding the plastic blocking them in his hand. They were preparing to go back to Harry's after Louis had some food and water to make sure he was stabilised before going home. Harry noticed how reluctant Louis seemed to eat the food, but with a promise Harry would be able to get him home sooner, he quickly ate. They then made an appointment for a check-up in a few days time for extra information and a plan after Louis refused to stay in the hospital any longer, before beginning to prepare Louis to stay at Harry's.

"Yep!" Louis squeaks out and Harry rolls his eyes fondly, knowing for a fact Louis hadn't. Harry hears the sounds of Louis' phone clicking and sending the message, before he hears, "you can come in now." Harry pushes open the curtain and can't help but smile at the sight in front of him. Louis in his hoodie and the jeans he was wearing at the bar having been put back on. The hoodie is much too big, but it fits perfectly in Harry's eyes.

"Arthur is waiting outside for us... Are you ready to go home? I'm sure you're exhausted." Harry steps forward and grabs the ziplock bag the nurses had put Louis' personal items into. He gently places his hand on Louis' back and guides him out of the room, through the waiting room and down the hall until they make it to the front door. It is dark out and very cold, Louis visibly shivers and steps closer to Harry, looking up as if to check if it is okay, Harry nods and pulls him closer.

Harry spots his car after a minute of looking around and hastily leads Louis to it, opening the door and climbing into the back seat after Louis is securely in. "Everything okay?" Arthur asks softly, glancing in the rear vision mirror with a smile.

"Yeah, Arths," Harry replies and Louis grumbles under his breath, going unheard by the others. "Thank you for picking us up... You were probably asleep." Harry leans forward to gently touch Arthur's shoulder and Louis glares at him before looking out the window, trying to shrug the heartache away.

"I couldn't sleep from worry about you," Arthur chuckles and begins backing out of the carpark. "So just back to your house, right? Louis is staying with you?" Harry hums and grabs a blanket from a bag that was tucked under the driver's seat. He gently throws it over Louis, earning a sparkly-eyed thank you from the boy.

-*-

"It's so cute," Louis mumbles at the droopy, bruised flower that sits in the crystal vase Harry had filled with water for it. Louis had made sure to collect it from the hospital bed, and although it is a bit battered, Louis still thinks it is perfect.

"Do you want some water?" Harry walks to the fridge and pulls out a water bottle. He turns to watch Louis, who still mindlessly stares out the flower, seemingly zoned out from reality. "The doctors said to keep you hydrated... And you need to have something to eat, right?" Harry rambles, rummaging through his fridge for something for the smaller boy.

"Harry... They gave me sandwiches there that I brought home," Louis pulls the food from the hoodie pocket, the plastic container crunching loudly in the dimly-lit, fancy kitchen. "You don't have to worry about making me food. I didn't come here to eat your groceries," he chuckles and sits down at the dining room table. It's large and expensive, and Louis looks so small compared to it, Harry's heart feels as though it is melting.

"Louis, the food there is shocking. You said it yourself... Let me make you something you'll enjoy." Harry grips the edge of the marble counter, eyebrows raised at Louis.

"Are you sure? I don't want to waste your food..." Louis replies, vulnerability lacing his voice. "Plus, you are probably tired. You should go get some sleep like Arthur."

Harry looks over Louis. How could someone so beautiful and so lovely have caused him so much pain? Why wasn't Harry lucky enough to be able to have this Louis, without the past they shared. Everything would be so much easier.

"I'm positive."

A/N: Hi guys! How are you? I hate this chapter, but oh well...

Anygays

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- Do you think Harry forgives Louis yet? Why/Why not?

- How do you think Louis is coping with having his ED being known by Harry?

- What do you think may happen next?

- What has been your favourite moments of this book so far? What do you want to see more of?

Please leave some comments and have an amazing day/night! xo