5.0

Chapter 50: Zouis

Present

Louis is at the club early. He wanted to be early in hopes to see Harry before a crowd swarmed in. He missed the boy... It had only been three days, but work without Harry was dull. The whole business seemed low on energy without the CEO, which just proved how important his presence was to many people.

Louis pushes open the door and looks around the club. It seems classy, with sleek, white furniture and a low bluey-purple lit room.

Quite a few people stand and sit around, drinking and chattering above the music. It is only after nervously looking around for a while when Louis spots Zayn, crouched in the corner of the bar, a drink in his hand. He is speaking to the bartender, who is wiping a glass and Louis begins slowly walking towards them. He knows it isn't the best idea, but he doesn't want to be alone when Harry inevitably arrives.

The bartender sees Louis approaching out of the corner of his eye and smiles at Zayn, holding a finger up at the man as he turns to Louis. "What can I get you?

"Just... A beer, please," Louis mumbles and shyly tilts his body towards Zayn, hands planted on the bar. "Hi, Zayn."

"Louis," he nods in greeting and takes another sip of his beer. Louis gets his own placed in front of him and he thanks the man.

"Do you mind if I sit?" Louis asks and Zayn looks at him warily, but nods and pats the seat.

"Sure, have a seat," Zayn tells him. Louis sits and it is silent for a moment before Zayn is speaking up again. "Louis... I know who you are and what you did to Harry," Louis swallows thickly and his eyes flutter shut. "And, mate, I get it. I wasn't the nicest person in high school either. But, you have really hurt Harry permanently. I know people can change and I am sure you have, Louis." Zayn looks at Louis with wide, begging eyes the entire time he speaks. "But, if you are here to hurt Harry again, if I was you, I'd think again. Unlike before, Harry has me, and you'll have more than a life-long head injury if you ever make that boy cry again."

"Okay," Louis gulps and flinches a little when Zayn's voice grows colder towards the end. The boy nods and sculls some of his drink. "Of course, yes, that is understandable. I won't hurt him again. I would never, on purpose. I-I am trying to... Show him I have changed. I'm not that kid anymore."

-*-

"I'm sad, Zayn," Louis speaks drunkenly and pouts cutely after his words. His head is rested on the bar and he blinks up at Zayn with his big blues as he clumsily sips the drink through a long straw.

"Why are you sad, darling?" Zayn chuckles at Louis' un-sober self. He moves his hand to thread through Louis' fringe, pushing it away from his eyes.

"I'm nearly out of drink and Harry doesn't love me," Louis sits up straight, much too fast. He grips Zayn's arm to steady himself, a squeak leaving his lips and then he is a giggling mess, leaning his upper body against Zayn's chest. "Why is no one here yet?"

"How about I get you a water? And the Harry thing, you'll just have to work on, okay?" Zayn says softly, treading softly around the subject. "And as for why no one is here, there are people here, silly," he chuckles. "Just not Harry yet."

"No water. Shots. Harry will love me one day and if not, I'll just die," Zayn's eyes widen a little. "Do you think Harry will speak to me when he gets here?" Louis asks, waving over the bartender. "Shot, please," Louis slurs to the man. The bartender looks at the small boy with squinted eyes before shrugging and going to get it.

"Not sure, man. Maybe just say hi to him, I am positive he won't ignore you."

"He won't. He is too nice," Louis mumbles and holds the small glass between his pointer fingers when it is set down before him. "I can tell he wants to ignore me though, that hurts worse."

Zayn frowns and watches as Louis has a shot. He watches the boy tip his head back to drink it and sees the way Louis' blue eyes flicker back weirdly. The smaller grabs the bar, body moving on its own, seeming as though he is lightheaded. "You okay, man?" Louis takes a deep breath and nods, shuddering a little.

"Bit dizzy. It's okay. I'm used to it." Louis chuckles and winces a little. "Maybe—maybe I should get that water. I'll have a sip before my next drink," he slurs out, his stomach pained and cramping from the lack of food he has had over the last few days. He feels sick, but knows it isn't from the alcohol consumption.

"You are a lightweight, bro," Zayn pats his shoulder and orders a water and some fruity cocktail at Louis' request. He glances at Louis as he sips the water down quickly. "Can I ask you something?"

"Mhm," Louis hums as he pulls the water bottle from his mouth, closing it and wiping his sweater-pawed hand across his mouth, collecting droplets of water from his lips.

"That night—at the bar. You said you have liked Harry for years... Is that true?"

Louis swallows thickly and stares around the room, as if to make sure Harry wasn't listening in.

"I have liked him since I was fourteen. I told my—my," Louis stops mid-sentence at the realisation he is saying too much. "Shit I am drunk," he giggles and uses his mouth to fish for the straw of the blue, fruity alcohol, tongue poking around.

"He's here."

A/N: Hiya lovelies! How are you today/tonight? 💗 I don't really like this chapter, but I wanted to give Louis and Zayn some bonding time! Also: can't believe we are fifty chapters into this book! I have a feeling this is gonna be a long one, like 'On His Knees'.

- Did you enjoy this chapter?

- Why do you think Louis is getting really drunk?

- What do you think about Zayn's threat?

- What do you think about the way Zayn is treating Louis? If you didn't know Louis' backstory, would you treat him the same, even if he hurt your friend?

- What do you think will happen next chapter?

- How do you think Harry will react to drunk Louis? How will Louis act around Harry?

- Who do you think will be joining Harry at the drinks? (As mentioned on the phone in the last chapter)

Please leave some comments and have a lovely day/night! I'm quite close to 4k followers, so if anyone would like to give me a follow, I would appreciate it a lot! Bye, darlings! <3