1.8

Chapter 18: Karaoke

Present

"Karaoke?" Louis chuckles a little. His eyes twinkle as he watches the younger man nod erratically, his eyes widened and begging. "I don't sing, Harry-"

Harry continues to sit on his desk in front of Louis who sits on the chair that is across from Harry's. "Neither do I, but it would still be fun! Please!" Harry pouts and watches Louis fondly roll his eyes as he contemplates, his head slowly nodding.

"Fine," Louis sighs, biting his lip to contain a smile. "Let's go to this karaoke bar." He looks up at Harry with his innocent-seeming blue eyes and grins. "We drinking?"

Harry wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, a smirk on his face. "Of course."

-*-

"Why do you think Harry is so nice to me?" Louis shouts to Zayn, as the man tries to watch the football game on the television, sipping beer as he does so.

"He likes you, mate!" Zayn smiles at the tipsy blue-eyed beauty, nudging him a little. The raven-haired man cringes when a screaming singer makes their way to the stage, attempting to belt out a Backstreet Boys' song.

"I like him... So much. For years now," Louis huffs and rests his head on the bar. This earns a confused look from Zayn, but the man just shrugs it off and laughs, patting Louis on the back. "Why am I so mean to him?" Louis pouts, his bottom lip wobbling a little.

"You aren't at all, bud..." Zayn furrows his eyebrows. "Come with me, we will go find Haz and Pez, okay?" Zayn grabs his drink and takes one last look at the score before hopping off the stool. He helps Louis and grabs the smaller boys drink and guides him through the crowd to the two who are seemingly bickering.

"I'm not singing, Perrie!" Harry takes a sip of his fruity drink, gently glaring at the girl. "No," he hisses when she pouts. "I'll make a fool out of myself," he speaks once again, an insecure tone shining through his voice now.

"Hazzy!" Louis giggles, bumping the man on the shoulder, softly, with his head. "Are you singing?" Louis' eyes shine as he looks at Harry, biting his lip and blushing when noticing the fond smile that Harry now holds.

"I'm not, no," Harry chuckles and pats the seat beside him, helping Louis get up. "I'll embarrass myself."

"Nonsense!" Louis slurs, making grabby hands at his drink that is still held in Zayn's hand. "You sing so pretty-" he slaps his hand over his face, giggling behind it. "Oops, nearly told you my secrettt!"

Harry gives him a wary look and chuckles a little, turning to face Zayn, who places the glass in front of Louis. "How much has he had?... You haven't shared one of your special smokes, have you?" Harry grins when Perrie and Zayn laugh, both looking over at Louis, who innocently sips on his drink, looking at them from under his eyelashes.

"Harry!" Perrie jumps out of her seat. She grabs Harry's hand and tugs at it. "Please, Hazza! The stage is empty." She pouts and continues to pull. Harry looks at the crowd, biting his lip nervously.

"I-I don't know, Pez."

"Go, Hazza! I want to see you sing!" Louis gives him a soft smile and latches onto his straw again, holding it delicately between his thumb and pointer finger.