1.1

Chapter 11: Caring

Past

Louis stumbles into the bakery, Stan leaning on him heavily. The boy is draped over the smaller, who seems to barely be able to hold him up. "Harreh?"

Harry looks up and his jaw drops, his eyes widening in fear. "W-what are you two doing here?" He stutters out, watching as Louis sits a drunk Stan on one of the chairs.

"Can we have water?" Louis asks, a little tipsy himself. Harry rushes to get Louis two bottles of water and brings them over to the table as Louis takes a seat.

Louis reaches into his pocket hastily, looking up at Harry embarrassed. He groans a little and bites his lip, as he stands. "I'll be back," he slurs out, about to make an exit to the stoor.

Harry grabs onto his arm, pulling him back. Louis giggles as he falls against Harry's chest, the youngers eyes widening. "Oops."

"Hi," Louis replies.

"Get yo' hands offa him!" Stan growls out, words almost too slurred to understand. But Harry catches on, removing his hands from Louis' dainty arms.

"Sorry... I just wanted to let you know, the water is on me. If you go somewhere, you might get hurt."

Louis sits down again, his eyes watching Harry for a while. They're filled with fond and affection... And it is lucky Harry didn't see it.

"Do you need anything to eat? Sober you up?" Harry asks, specifically to Louis. He stands there awkwardly, body stiffened and scared.

"What do you have?" He questions, completely forgetting about Stan. His glassy eyes continue to watch Harry, raking up and down his body.

Harry notices and squirms insecurely. "W-we have lots of things... Do you want to come see?"

Louis nods and holds his hands out for Harry to take, making grabby hands at the boy, cutely. Harry glances at Stan and hesitantly pulls Louis up.

"Keep hol'ing my hand, pwease," Louis hums softly, pressing his face to nuzzle against Harry's arm.

"Okay," Harry whispers, holding Louis' hand tightly. He walks him over to where the food is and stands behind Louis, his hands on his waist when he begins swaying a little.

"Maybe 'm not hungwy," Louis sighs and spin in Harry's arms. "I have headache."

"Do you?" Harry softly presses the back of his hand to Louis' red cheeks, feeling the heated skin burn underneath it. "You feel hot."

Louis giggles adorably, "thank you."

Harry snorts and looks behind him at Stan warily, the boy is seeming asleep now, slouched messily on the chair. "I'll get you a panadol."

Harry takes Louis out the back, not wanting to leave him alone. He slouches down onto the ground in front of his bag and Louis follows his action quickly.

"What are we looking for again?" Louis slurs, his own eyes looking into Harry's bag. The blue orbs widening when a blade falls out, clinking softly against the ground. "W-why do you need that?" He questions, voice sounding less thick and less slurred.

Harry rushes to slap his hand over it, his mouth releasing a shaky breath. "Its nothing," he mutters softly, body crawling with nervousness. He shoves it back into the bag quickly, his hand shaking as he does so.

"Are you sure?" Louis bites his lip and attempts to stand up, Harry having to help him. When Harry looks down at Louis, he notices his glassy eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know," Louis shrugs, eyes moving to the ground. "I want Stan," he mumbles softly.

Harry nods and guides Louis back to the front of the store where Stan still sits, looking around lazily. "You okay?" He slurs to Louis, opening his arms.

And before Harry can even blink, Louis is rushing to Stans's arms. He allows the slightly older to hug him tightly, as Harry watches on with furrowed eyebrows.

And Harry's heart had never been so confused.

A/N: sorry for the wait! Hope you enjoyed! Leave me some comments! :* any thoughts? xo