Chapter 8: Overreacting

Mikasa's POV

"Okay that's enough. We're going to take a little break." The coach whistled as our group made a huge circle while they calm their self.

"I'm hungry." Sasha yawned as she stretched her body and pouted.

"You're always hungry." I said and she made a hopeful eyes.

"Do you have something for me Mikasa?" She asks eyes glittering with joy.

"Do I have anything with me?" Her expression turned to sad immediately as she pouts.

"I am not a store Sasha." I laughed and she rolled her eyes.

"Goodness. You are not helping Mikasa." She really went to the cafeteria to grab some snacks. Sasha for real?

"We'll come back by 2:15. Everyone you can stroll a little." The coach clapped her hand and we moved slowly.

Damn my body hurts like hell. That's a lot of practice for a day.

"You wanna join us Mikasa? We're going to the rest room." Ymir asks.

"No I'm good here thanks." I smiled and she and Historia went away.

I slowly sat up and walked to the back of the campus where the big field is situated. The cold trees and the wind blowing feels relaxation for me.

I breathed in and I sat at the bench. I looked at them the school varsity having a practice. I can't help but smile. Finally, Eren is getting a new hobby.

"Excuse me Miss. I'm a bit lost can you help me?" A guy asks as he showed me the school's map and was asking for a particular room.

"Oh. You have to go to the old building first. Just the right side at the entrance and up to the 7th floor." I smiled.

"Thanks! I'm a transferee by the way so I don't know this place really." He scratched the back of his head.

I nodded to him and smiled. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Eren staring at our direction with an unreadable look.

I heard their coach whistled indicating to start a new round of practice.

"I gotta go." I said to the guy whom still didn't move to where he wants to go.

Weird?

"Um miss. Can I at least..Uhm..Know your name?" He scratch the back of his head asking shyly.

"It's Mikasa. See you around." I said and I ran towards the big open gym again where we used to practice earlier.

I heard the guy yelled at a distance but I didn't listen to him as I was busy thinking about our practice.

"Okay. Historia you'll be the flyer." Boys hold her properly as you toss her to the air okay?

"Yes sir."

"Mikasa. You'll be at the topmost on our pyramid stunt. Will you be able to do it?" She asks.

"Yes Ma'am!" I answered as I moved towards the group of boys in circle.

"You go over there Sasha and Ymir. You will be the ones to hold Mikasa at the top." She commands and they nodded.

"You better not be so heavy Mikasa." Ymir says and I laughed.

Right. But I have the perfect diet seriously. No has to worry.

"If I fall and break my bones I swear I will never stop stomping your feet assholes. I will never give you food!!" Sasha started to panic as the boys positioned her above.

I laughed. She's always like this when it comes to lifts. I remember last year during our freshmen year, she joined cheerleading thinking she will just dance but she has to do the stunts as well and she begged our coach for her exception, she even gave her food to her but failed haha!