Chapter 53: Family

Mikasa's POV

He started walking towards the door still holding my hand and I followed him. I looked at our hands together and felt the tiny insects in my stomach. Somehow, it made me feel happy.

He is not angry at me despite me slapping him which me me even feel like the real monster here.

"Don't forget that we are married. The other maid is wondering why you are here. Don't let them know this is all an act." He says and I immediately look down.

Yes, he is right. This is all an act. An act for me to gain what I wanted, to own that land and stay away forever. Just an act, but he fucking kissed me that I slapped him last night.

I took back my hand from him and he looked at me in shock. He pulled it back to him and I took it back once again.

"Don't start now Mikasa. Didn't you read the rules? You have to act as my wife you should obey me." He says as he hissed trying to take my hand but I won't hand it over.

"Cut it out." I said as I tried to distance myself from him but he instead grabbed me by my waist.

"Stop it or I will kiss you." He threatens as he stared at me.

"Like I would allow you again." I said as I stared back as him and he clenched his jaw.

"Try me Mrs. Jaeger." He says as he went closer to my face.

"Uhm...Eren..The meals are.." My heart started beating like crazy only to feel relief when I heard Louise's voice.

Eren stood straight again as I did the same way.

"Oh Louise. How long have you been there?" He asked coldly.

"I just came to check on you because you took long enough." She says as she stared back at the two of us.

I gulped. This girl doesn't know what's going on between the two of us. They only know we are madly in love with each other. I cleared my throat as I held his hand.

I felt Eren stiffed as I slid my fingers in between his palm and intertwined them.

You want me to act? Then I'll give it to you.

"I'm so sorry Louise. We're actually on our way there. Eren's just checking something on my face." I smiled at her and she did the same way.

"I thought so Mikasa. Let's head back?" She asks and I nodded.

Eren was standing next to me still not moving. I took a step and he did the same. We went there holding each other's hand but we are not speaking. I could hear how the maids adore the two of us as they kept on saying their best wishes and congratulations all over again. I had to smile at them as he did the same way. All because of this act.

Eren pulled the chair for me to sit.

"Thank you my husband." I spoke softly and the maids cooed.

Eren didn't said anything, instead he placed a small kiss on my cheek which maid shivers down my spine.

The maids are giggling at us as he slowly went to where our grandpa usually sits. I felt my face heat up because of that action. I didn't know he still has this effect on me when he does the little things. I looked at him and there was a small smile playing on his lips. I could feel the insects on my stomach getting wild again.

I mentally slapped myself. I have to constantly remind myself to stay focus on my goal. I won't fall for this act. I have to stay composed. He is just doing this because everyone is watching here.

"Awe so sweet. I didn't know you have this side Eren." Louise chuckled as she talked at her big cousin.

"Louise. No talking when your mouth is full." Eren says as he picked the napkin.