Chapter 9: New

Mikasa's POV

That night. I couldn't stop thinking about Eren.

His sudden change of mood. His words.

"I don't mind overreacting when it comes to you Mikasa."

Is he sleeping now? I don't know. Maybe he only said it because he wants the best for me. Maybe he says it as if I was a little sister for him. Right. Maybe.

Because I am his sister in the eyes of many.

I better sleep. I'm tired but I can't even close my eyes. The competition will be next week. I have to get ready for rehearsals then. That night I dreamed of the two of us on the hill of flowers again. I miss that place. I hope I can go back there someday.

"Armin! Why did you decline the varsity at first bro you're dumb!!" I heard Eren scolding Armin as I ordered food at the cafeteria.

"So you're calling him dumb Eren? What should we call you then?" Jean then posed like he is thinking deeply.

Everyone laughed and I did too as I headed to where they are seated.

"Fuck you Jean." Eren blurted throwing his middle finger.

"Eren.." I acted as if zipping my mouth and he scoffed.

"I'm just like really sad. Dad said he'll come home next year and Erwin is busy in college. And Mom.." Armin sighed and I patted his back.

"Armin. We will watch you. I will cheer for you! So please just join!!" I smiled at him.

"Thanks Mikasa." Armin smiles back.

"You're the only one left Armin. Even Marco is there!" Connie says as he was sitting beside Sasha eating.

"Yeah. Come on let's do this!" Eren says enthusiastically.

"Thanks everyone!" Armin smiled brightly.

It's always in the morning that we'll be having classes and practice in the afternoon during our PE class.

The first period is English with Mr. Moblit. Followed by the scariest Math class with Mr. Ackerman.

I didn't know that there could also be an Ackerman in this place. I didn't know why Mr. Levi and I share the same surname. We both have dark hark. Rumors even spread that we are relatives but I didn't know. I never knew much of my family's history. It was all hidden in secret.

I wonder if it has something to do with the tattoo my mother imprinted on my shoulder when I was young.

"Blouse. You are eating in my class again this is your last warning!" Mr. Ackerman stares at the horrified Sasha who immediately hid her food.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Ackerman. It won't happen again." She stood up and bowed like crazy.

I shake my head. Sashaaaa.

"Oy oy that's enough." Mr. Ackerman says as he slammed the stick on the board and everyone flinched.

"I know the festival is coming and you all are busy with your activities. With that, I won't be giving you any assignments until next week. But expect an oral recitation after these. Is it understood?" He says and everyone said yes.

"Good. Now for our lesson.." He scribbled something on the board.

I felt a tap on my side. It's Eren.

"Mikasa help. I want to pee." He says as he flashed me a weird face. He's holding it.

"Your fault for not having a break earlier." I said blankly.