Chapter Thirty-Eight

(a/n: another 4k+ word chapter :D)

Y/N's POV

It's been a couple of days since the funeral and Rosie had officially asked me out on our second date. It was going to be on Saturday and I had to patiently wait until then. On the day of, she told me to just wear something comfortable and that she would arrive at my house later tonight. I immediately went to take a shower and pick out an outfit. I was trying to think of where she could take me tonight, but I really didn't know. I then felt the butterflies in my stomach when I got her text message,

Your Rosie🤍:
i'm heading over now,
so i would suggest being
ready now for our date

Your Rosie🤍: unless you
wanna get ready when i
arrive... ;)

I laughed at her texts. Of course she would say something like that to me. This girl is going to be the death of me huh. I chuckled at the thought and responded to her,

Me:
i'm already ready so
hurry ur ass up and
take me out on this date
of yours

I put my phone down on my desk and continued to do some homework to pass the time. It wasn't long until I heard whistling coming from outside since my window was open. I looked up from my work to see her walking towards my driveway. I bit my lip in excitement and quickly went down the stairs ready to greet her. As soon as she knocked, I flung the door open, causing her to jump back in surprise.

"Oh my god, I wasn't expecting that." She said as she clutched her heart and breathed out. I took it upon myself to see what she was wearing. She had on blue adidas pants and a white crop top with black accents. Her hair was up in a low bun and she had on very light makeup to highlight her features. She looked absolutely stunning and she was just being herself, which was more than I could ever ask for. There was also a bag she was holding with things in it, but I couldn't see it because she moved it out of my sight behind her back when she saw me taking a quick look at it.

"Ah ah ah, no trying to see what I have in my magical bag of wonders," I laughed at her words, "it might give away what we are going to do." She whispered like it was some secret and she didn't want to get caught.

When she finished talking, she checked me out to see what I saw wearing. I just had on simple black nike sweatpants with a light grey crewneck. She nodded her head in approval of my outfit.

"Good good, I love your outfit. It fits the dress code of tonight's date. Great job at following simple instructions." She said giving me a sideways smile. I hit her shoulder and told her to shut up. She just laughed in respond and reached out her hand so I could take it, which I happily did.

"So where are ya taking me?" I eagerly asked her, getting all jittery in anticipation. She giggled seeing me all ready for this date and responded while swinging our arms dramatically,

"Well, we are going to go to the park tonight since they are showing some of the classic movies for an outdoor screening." She said trying to gauge my reaction. My face lit up in excitement and I started to drag her towards the park. She stumbled a little, but got her balance back.

"I can't wait Rosie! What movies are they showing and when does it start?" I said looking back at her.

"Well they are showing 2 movies; 'The Wizard of Oz' and 'The Sound of Music'. And it starts at 7 so we have about 10 minutes, but we are only like 3 minutes away. And with you dragging me there, we will make it in record time.