Part 11: The waiting game.

Anya woke up in a small dark room. She was strapped to a chair. Her breathing was heavy and arms felt numb.

She looked around with the restricted head space. There was no way of telling we're she was it how she got here. A large steel door began to open. It's loud metal parts clashing with the one another. A man walked in with two guards by his side. They where heavily armoured and had fully automatic weapons.

The man carried a book. She knew exactly what was int what book.

"No no no no no!" She began to panic she knew that they were going to do the one thing that she feared most.

"HELP!" She screamed at the top of her lungs but it had no affect. She was alone with this man. And her could turn her into whatever he wanted.

Hi opened the book without breaking eye contact with Anya.

"Please don't do it! I'm begging you!" She pleaded but the man had no remorse. She pulled on the belts that strapped her to the chair. There was no way out. He flicked through the pages trying to find Anya's list of words. This was it, this was when she hurt people, killed people even.

They placed a plastic mould into her mouth. They did this so they could bite down on it to ease the pain. It was cold and tasted like it had been sterilised. But this was the least of her worries.

"Античный."
"Antichnyy."

He was reading the activation words from the book that they kept. She couldn't help but notice that she couldn't hear out of her left ear.
Was something blocking it? Or was there a problem with her ear? She didn't care at this moment.

"Please." She begged and pleaded for the nightmares to stop.

"Полет."
"Polet."

He didn't listen to the woman's pleading and continued to read the words.

"Девять."
"Devyat'."

"Stop!"

"Логотип."
"Logotip."

The Greek started to scream as the words began to take over. Her head jolted back under the unbearable amount of pain.

"Семья."
"Sem'ya."

She was pulling on the straps so hard that her hands went white. They flew off and she collapses to the ground. The man holding the book slowly crept up to the woman on the floor.

"Солдат?" He asked. She was sweaty and her entire body was drenched. She was not shaking but stood up entirely calm.

"Готовы соответствовать."
"Ready to comply."

This was no longer Anya but she was now Enyo.

~~~~

AN: I know I don't write about other POV's but this adds to the story.

~~~~

There was a knock at Sam's door. Which was unusual because he wasn't expecting any visitors. He placed the cap back into the bottle of orange juice. He walked over to his door and rolled up the blinds. What he saw amazed him.

Before him stood Steve and Natasha. They were both covered head to toe in black dust. It looked like they had climbed a chimney.

"I'm really sorry to do this but we need a place to lie low." Steve was the one to ask if they could crash at his place while they rested and decided what to do next.