Part 45: Did That Pig Just Open The Door?

"You know, it's like when you told them they could stay up late to catch Santa Clause." Melina says, completely disregarding Natasha's plea for them to focus and tell her what they wanted.

"That was fun. He came down the chimney girls, you had to watch out... where is he? You wait for him and then when the cookies are gone, then you see he's there. No what I want for them to follow their dreams." Alexie says, again following suit of Melina and continuing to change the subject. "Reach for the stars girls!" He snarls, but not in a nasty way, that's just Alexie for you.

"Finding Dreykov is not a fantasy. We've got unfinished business." Nat says, diverting the conversation between the three of them while Yelena sits their quietly and patiently, back on track.

"You can't defeat the man who commands the very will of others." Melina says the first thing on topic this entire reunion, although I'm sure the sisters would call it that. Nat was here for one reason, she didn't come to reminisce on her past, dig up old memories, she wanted Dreykov in the ground. Dead. "You never saw the culmination of what we started in America. Nor did you."

Melina swings her chair back and leaves the three of them at the table, while she left the room.

"Natasha, always focus, focus, get what you want." Alexie mumbles, loud enough for both the girls to hear.

Melina walks back in the room with a tablet in hand and takes as seat in the one she left only moments ago.

She taps on the screen before speaking to something on the device, clearly because the order she gave was to "Come in," and seconds later a small pig opens the doors and trots in while making a racket.

"Did that pig just open the door?" Natasha's asked as the pig stops trotting once it reaches the chair leg of the seat Melina is at.

"Yes, it did. Good boy Alexie. Good boy." She says to the black and white spotted pig sat besides her. She reaches done and give the pig some food from off the table.

"You named a pig after me?" Alexie says aggressively. The human not the pig, of course.

"You don't see the resemblance?" She asks bluntly and sarcastically. See he's jut like dog." She says, with her Russian accent like the youngest of the daughters.

"See now watch. Stop breathing." She commands at the pad in front of her. She swipes her finger and the tablet flashes red, before the pig goes silent.

She then goes on to give a speech about what they were doing in Ohio and the fact that they weren't stealing or creating weapons, which Natasha and Yelena would argue, but they were unlocking free will and the ability to command and manipulate people into doing things they shouldn't or wouldn't.

Hence the black widow programme.

The pig was still yet to breathe. Melina takes and shot and places the glass back on the table and as she does to the pig collapses on the floor, however it's not dead yet.

"What are you doing?" Natasha asked with a hint of panic in her voice as she hears the thud of the pigs body as it hits the floor.

"I'm explaining that the science is now so exact that the subject could be ordered to stop breathing and has no choice to obey." Melina rattles of quickly while pointing at the dying pig on their dining room floor.

It hurt Yelena to hear all of this. That's why they were in Ohio. That's why she's, or was, a widow and why she had no choice but to obey to their rules and orders.

It hurt Natasha equally, because she may have been The Black Widow but she didn't have to endure this much herself. But she knew and loved two people who did, or three but she didn't love Bucky like she loved Yelena or Anya.