Part 52: The Noblest Ending In History

The large, circular mothership ejected the small, pyramid shaped ships that sped ferociously towards earths surface. Their target. Wakanda.

Sam and Bucky stood were stood outside when they felt the force of the object falling to the surface, the sound and force causing the ground to shake, similar to the feeling of an earthquake.

"Hey Cap, we got a situation." Sam says as he puts his index to his ear and speaks to the super soldier who's currently with the rest of the team in the building, assessing the Vision situation.

The large ship plummets downwards, but before it can hit the African city right in its core, the blue field surrounding the country activates, therefore brining the ship to a sudden stop. And an explosion.

"God, I love this place." Buck says as they both stare up at the barrier and the explosion that's happed right above their heads. But this means that their time is running out. And with it, their options.

"Don't celebrate yet guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." Rhodes says. He's already prepared for war. He's in his full War Machine suit, and is prepared to go the distance, because this is the last stand. If Thanos gets this stone, the universe is impaired.

The ships land with a heavy force, but it's not enough to cause any damage to the earths crust. They do destroy all of the forests with their tonnage, and the impact that they hit the ground with. Even back in the tower, Anya can feel the vibrations through the floor, and it worries her.

She's always been scared. There hasn't been a minute since the day she's been Natasha's girlfriend, that she hasn't been scared. Death didn't fear Anya, but being without Natasha did. And everyone knew that Nat and Anya couldn't be further from soldiers.

Everyone, including Vision and Shuri look out of the tall glass windows and peer out at the triangular shaped ships. Anya doesn't feel right. There's something about this that doesn't sit right with her. There's a feeling in her stomach, and it's growing and she's persisting to push it down, and to forget about it.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." Vis says as he clutched the wound on his abdomen. Natasha's blonde hair flicks around and she glares at the AI.

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." She says before walking off to prepare for the fight. Anya watches Nat walk off, and goes to follow her. But before that she looks at Wanda. Anya gives her a reassuring smile as she walks up to her.

"It's going to be okay. We're gonna win, then we'll all go home. You understand?" Anya says clearly and rubs Wanda's arm up and down to cheer her up. Wanda gives a faint smile at Anya, happy that someone cares enough about how she feels to console her.

Anya wasn't so sure what she said to Wanda was true. What if it wasn't enough? What if they gave it everything that they could and they couldn't stop him? What then?

Anya then left to fetch her girlfriend, wherever she went off to.

"Wanda, as soon as that stones out of his head... you blow it to hell." Cap says as the Kingsguard walk off with the king.

"I will." She says with a nod of her wavy red hair.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defences. And get this man a shield." T'Challa says and points at the newly looking Captain. It's not I ale that ever since the fiasco at Berlin, the suit is looking considerable less lively. The star on the arm, on the chest, the Avengers logo on the arm. All gone.

"Natasha, wait!" Anya says as she jogs up to her fiancé. Natasha turns around and smiles while she looks into Anya's deep brown eyes. "Before we go to war. I want to say that... if anything happens, to either of us. I want you too know that I love you more than you could ever comprehend." She says and takes Natashas cute little cheeks into her hands.