Part 44: You've Gotten Fat

"I said we needed a jet." Natasha said after she emerged from the tree line, her sister beside her.

Nat and Yelena where relying on Mason to get them a jet. They really needed a good machine for this mission because it wasn't going to be easy.

"Yeah, you know what you didn't give me? Time or money. I'm not made of jets." Mason said as he stepped out of the beaten up helicopter that laid in the middle of a field.

"I thought you were supposed to be the best. Like a real pro." Yelena jokes as her and her sister make their way to inspect the vehicle.

"Oh, I beg your pardon Serena, was the free flat and a lifetime of kiss all not too your liking?" Mason retorted.

All of them knew how to take a joke and all had a sense of humour so banter like this was all friendly.

"Ha." Yelena replied bluntly.

"Don't let her wind you up." Nat laughs as she walks around the back of the chopper to get a better look at the state of the vehicle they'll use to break their 'father' out of jail.

"No, I take exception when impugning my professionalism." Mason says with a little more sass in his voice.

Natasha thought about Anya and what her reaction would be when she told her she'd taken down the Red Room, if it where possible.

The fact that taking it down was a big risk scared her. If this went wrong, and went sideways somehow, and god forbid Nat got hurt or better yet killed. Anya would wake up alone, and she wouldn't get a goodbye.

But at the same time there was thousands of girls just like her and Anya so if even half of that survive, it would be worth it. And Anya would want that.

"We'll you did set me up with a generator that crapped out after six hours." Nat said as she shrugged her shoulders. Mason felt hard done by, he thought he did well to get what he got in the time that he had and they were ganging up on him.

"You too, huh?" Mason said as he wagged a finger at Nat then back at Yelena who also inspected the vehicle and its combat capabilities.

"Aww, he's sensitive. I see why you keep him around." Yelena laughed while walking round to the front of the helo and breathing onto the window, leaving a breath mark on the glass's

Mason pulled out a bag and dumped it on the floor. Inside it was suits and everything they'd need for the fight that was inevitably coming.

"I wouldn't, I stashed that like 5 years ago." Natasha said, looking over her shoulder at Yelena who pulled out a snack bar from the bag.

She took a bite and looked at Natasha who was still looking at the helicopter. "How is it?" The redhead asked.

"Dry, it's really dry." As she chewed persistently on the food and entered the helicopter.

"You know, your getting really close to running out your tab." Mason joked as Natasha inspected the white suits she'd packed 5 years ago. "Supplies I can get you, but when I get attention from the authority's my prices go up."

Nat looked up and him with a puzzled look on her face. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked.

"Your mate, secretary Ross has been sniffing around my affairs to the point where I've got contacts who are declining my calls." He said seriously. "I'm a private contractor."

"You are sensitive." Natasha laughed as she bent back down to collect her things for the journey ahead.

"Your a really annoying individual." He said monotonously as he watched her gather her things.