Chapter Five- Kingston

Crew is my opposite, my partner, my twin. We aren't really twins, but we were born so close together that we might as well have been. We definitely don't look like twins, though. He's the shortest of my two brothers, standing just under six foot. Where my muscles are lean, he's cocky, like a featherweight fighter.

    He shucks off his vest, hanging it up in my entryway. Our logo, a howling wolf encircled in white is patched on the back. In gothic lettering, the back reads L O C K across the shoulders. We call him Lock because he's locked up tighter than Fort fucking Knox. He's a secret keeper. And he's the only one I trust at the moment to be here.

Rotten and Mack know I've taken the girl. They probably assumed I brought her here. But I've got to keep this tight. The fewer people who know, the fewer chances I have of word getting out.

"You really are a fucking vampire," he says, looking around my house.

My parents' place is ten minutes east of the Gang of Wolves' compound. Mine is ten minutes to the west. We grew up in a light and airy farm house, with Mediterranean and southwestern touches. Here, it's all gray marble and Abyssinian. We stand below a round chandelier that looks like it's lit entirely with candles. My own modern version of a gothic castle.

"So what now?" he asks, cracking his knuckles.

I shrug noncommittally and walk into the kitchen. Pouring myself a glass of water from a diffuser with mint, I take a sip and let the tingle cool my throat. I might be what some would consider biker trash, but I'm not going to live like it.

Crew looks like he wants to scream with his eyes. His mouth is pursed in a tight line. He runs his hands over his buzzed hair. "You fucking kidnapped Serafina Markovic and you don't have a plan? Let me guess, she's just sitting in your garage?"

I take a lazy drink.

His eyes dart to the windows behind me. "You've got to be joking. You just left her out there?"

I shrug again. "Should we bring her in?"

"You're unbelievable."