Chapter Fifteen - Kingston

When she's sleeping, she's not so bad. Probably because she's quiet and not trying to scheme... or bite. She fell asleep halfway through watching the movie the second time.

Doing some work from my phone, I check in with the brothers. Mack and Rotten are out on a run in Alabama. Lock is doing whatever Lock does... I don't know, he doesn't communicate well. He keeps his nose clean, though. I never have to worry about him.

All seems to be going well- and that's an unnerving feeling. When you're the President of a motorcycle club, you're always on alert. Shit can go down at any minute, and you've got to be ready for it.

Snatching up my keys from the side table, I roll back over toward sleeping beauty. Giving her shoulder a little shake, I say, "come on, time to go."

She mutters something in another language, eyes still closed.

"Come on," I say again, patience wearing more thin. When I'm ready, I'm ready. She rolls over and stretches, body long and lean. She's wearing one of my old black V necks. I need to call Renfrey to get her some clothes.

I sigh. I do not have time for this. "Let's go," I say, lifting her from the bed and tossing her over my shoulder.

This jolts her awake. "What are you doing?" she spits, pounding a fist against my back.

"Careful, love. I've got business to check in on. You're about to meet some wolves."