Chapter Forty Two - Kingston

What Serafina doesn't understand is that when I told her I wanted every hole, I meant it. Even that gaping hole in her fucking heart. I want to dig my hands down into it and make it mine. Fill it with myself.

She's running right into something that's going to split her heart wide open, though. And she doesn't even know it. If she's not careful, she's going to have a fucking hole in her head by the time I get to her.

The Black Garter in the daylight is a different atmosphere. The girls are gone. The hazy, purple neon lights are off. The smell of bleach clings heavily to the air.

Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I stride up to Drogo and give him a nod.

He jerks his chin up in the same motion. "Come for your bitch?" he asks with a laugh.

"Yes," I answer coolly.

"When you don't show them who's boss, they do that from time to time," he tells me, brushing over the back of his hand. "Don't worry," he gives me a cocky smile, "I saved her punishment for you."

"Thank you," I say, hoping my bored tone says just shut the fuck up already.

Alexi strides out, looking down to adjust his cufflinks. "I thought we had a deal?" her father asks me, his tone icy and his accent thick.

I'm not dignifying him with a response. We do have a deal. That's why I'm fucking here to get her ass.

He grunts, then turns down a hallway, and I follow. We go behind the bar and down a short staircase that slants into the ground. I have to duck, but I follow him regardless.

Racks of storage units line the walls of the underground tunnel. There's an endless amount of liquor on the shelves. We stop at the end of the hallway, preparing to step into what looks like a large freezer. Our distorted reflections mirror back in the shiny silver.

Punching in several numbers, there's a sound like steam hissing, and the doors unlock. He twists a heavy lever and the door swings open. We step inside the room where they keep the girls.