31 - Staying Late Out At Parks Leads To Fights

Kaylie’s P.O.V.

“Okay Lux, time to party!” I chirped giddily as we rocked our heads to the beat of Titanium, by David Guetta and Sia.We were having such a lovely afternoon.

Titanium!” we chorused overly excited. She sounded so sweet and beautiful. As for me, I sounded, well…let’s just leave it on how she sounded for now.

“Way to go Lux!” I cheered while high-fiving her.

I walked –it was more like dancing- with her in my arms through the park. Our favorite, of course, which other? We could stay here forever. It was such a beautiful and peaceful place. The old-fashioned style it had was what attracted people to it. It has some sort of magic that made you believe you were in another dimension.

Its paths were made of stone chunks, making it almost like a fairy tale trail. You could just put your headphones on and wander through it, let your imagination get loose as you transported yourself to an old kingdom where you would find a prince walking by and the rest was history –pretty picture perfect as we all hopeless romantics love it.

Trees and benches were everywhere, giving you the liberty to come here with a book, music, or someone and just enjoy a good life. Or even if your life was sucking at that specific moment, you could just come here and it gave you the gift of feeling free, released from that annoying thing that was bothering you.

I honestly believed, with a strong passion, that everyone should have a place to run and hide when they saw no way out of trouble. If you don’t have one yet, I believe you should go out and find it. Or inside your house if that were what you preferred. But it would be a must to find it.

Hey There, Delilahwas tuning now on my iPod, earning an excited squeal from me. I moved my head from side to side, making Lux’s earphone fall from her ear.

I stopped moving and we both stared down at the earphone, rocking from one side to the other due to the kinetic energy –physics has done me some well. I looked up to find her eyes boring curiously into mine. I felt warmth inside my heart at the sight of her, not really sure why, I just did.

I was an easy person to love. I could meet you and almost immediately love you. And there was no doubt for me that this was what had happened with Lux. How could I not love her, though? She was so adorable and sweet, she was lovable.

“I think we should go back,” I announced, kissing her forehead afterwards because the thought of her leaving me was too painful for me not to. I wanted to spend as much time as I could with her because I knew I would never see her again, any of them actually. I wanted to remember her clearly for the rest of my life. And I wanted her to remember me, even if it was just as a vague memory.

She stared at me with those big, sparkly eyes of hers and shook her head while smiling mischievously.

“No?” I questioned while chuckling. She could be so stubborn sometimes. And she knew she was cute, so she used it in her favor.

“No!” she refused between sweet chuckles that made me want to sob due to the feels.

“So…we stay here forever?” I inquired with raised eyebrows, just testing how far she could go just to get what she wanted. She was so amusing, that was why we got along so well.

She thought about it for a second and then grinned. “Yes!” she affirmed as she hid her face in my hair, like she was so used to do by now.

“Not so sure about that, Lux,” I replied in between laughs.