19 - Comforted By A Sexy Leprechaun & Late Recordings

Kaylie’s P.O.V.

I sighed as I sat on the rooftop, the air messing my already terribly messed up hair that was beyond repairing, no matter how much I tried to tame it, sending it in every direction possible.

I found this place with Lux some days ago in one of our many secret missions together. We often pretended to be spies; it was one of her favorite things to do. We were drawn to this rooftop immediately. Maybe it was because it had an amazing view that literally sent shivers down your spine or maybe it was because no one got up here, at least that is what Kennan had told me and that made us want to do it even more.

Okay, me, it made me want to do it even more, but I just wanted to defy Kennan as much as I could. It gave me an adrenaline rush to know I was doing what I was supposed not to and it made everything ten times more exciting and thrilling.

I had my iPod with me, like I always did, it was a must have inside my cross bag. I honestly could not survive in this messed up world without music. Music was like my safety blanket and being without it left me fragile and prone to get hurt by anything.

I searched for that song, the only song that I knew I could listen to and that it would get me to take it all out, to let go of all the frustration and pain I had been put through today. I mean, I could understand that Zayn was under a lot of frustration and pressure and everything but…did he seriously needed to be so rude and take it out on me?

To try and rid my head from all those thoughts I turned to the one song that I knew would get me away from this cold and ruthless world.

I searched for it inside my iPod’s playlists until I found it, Gotta Be You, by One Direction, of course.

I know the song has nothing to do with my feelings, or what happened today. But have you ever tried to pump up the volume of it as you are somewhere where no one will bother you and get away from everything? If you have not, try it. It might work.

I felt like crap, to say the least, horse’s poop, even –ironic, I know. I had so many expectations of these vacations, you know. I was going to hang out with some classmates who had been quite nice to me this year –it was a surprise to me, I was a bit odd so I was not one to have friends at school. I would also go to the mall with Laura and check out cute boys who would not even sneeze in my direction and would turn our way just for my lovely cousin. It was going to be a calm and cool and collected summer.

But no, I had to get the brilliant idea of getting a job. And then I just had to walk through that park and meet Lux and then Louise. And then I had to meet One Direction and run away from them. And then I had to get Zayn Malik to hate me. I just had to.

How else could I ruin everything by myself?

I never thought I would end up fighting with Zayn Malik, though. You are supposed to sexually harass and be madly in love with Zayn Malik, not to fight with him. But well, how could I expect something like that to happen? That only happened on fiction, on Internet. Not in real life, or at least not to me. I have always been different.

 Why would I expect something to change? I could be so naïve sometimes, and today it just pissed me off because it was making everything so complicated for me.

And this was so unfair, if I looked back at it and at the whole situation in general. I mean, what had I done to deserve this? I just wanted to babysit a cute baby and earn money. I never asked for any of this! And now I was being attacked by someone who resembled a Greek god and thought I was planning something against him. This was just impossible, or something pulled out from a soap opera, but yet, it somehow managed to have happened to me.