32 - Fights Lead To A Comforting Leprechaun

32 - Fights Lead To a Comforting Leprechaun

 Kaylie’s P.O.V.

Okay, I must admit it. The way I stormed off from the room was way too dramatic, but I just had to get out of there. I did not want Zayn to see me cry. That would have meant he won the fight. Thing he definitely had not. I was just so angry back then, and I still was. And it had been way too much, for too long. I had been taking his yelling and glaring and rudeness and his picking on me for over a month, for Christ’s sake!

It had been enough.

Who did he think he was? I had not signed up for this when I took this job to babysit Lux. And I certainly did not expect one of my idols to be a total jerk.

I was so upset at him right now. But I was even more upset at myself for crying. I had never been one to control my emotions well and it had never bothered me like it did today.

I was planted against a hallway wall crying like a little girl, for anyone who walked by to see me and judge me. And the worst part was that I could not help it. I wanted to stop, I tried with all my will to stop, but the tears and sobs just kept coming, reminding me how weak I was. It was such a mixture of emotions inside of me that I needed to get out that to stop crying was not an option at this point.

I mean, he had practically bullied me this past month!  I had read so many fan fictions about the boys of One Direction bullying girls and then the girls falling in love with one –or all- or them and then happily ever after.

But I guess there was the difference. I was not in love with Zayn. I was actually far from it. I loved him because he was my idol –even though that one was debatable now after what had happened.  But there was no other word to describe it, what he had been doing to me was bullying, I was sure of that. Well, there was at least one thing I was sure of. But that did not make me feel any less pathetic.

It was as if things got more pathetic and frustrating for me by the second. I rested my head against the wall, demanding the tears to stop, but they refused to. Crap, they even came out more often, as if just to mock me and my authority. Well, they were actually telling me I had no authority over them. 

“Oh no, please do not cry.” The voice resounded throughout the hallway and I heard footsteps approaching me. I stood up straight, trying to recover from my breakdown because I did not want him to see me like that. Besides, I looked ugly when I cried. I certainly did not want to scare him off.

But suddenly, it was as if a wave of tiredness swept through me and I no longer cared, for he brought me peace. I let myself go and let my back slip through the wall and my knees go weak until I was sitting on the floor with my back against the stiff wall.

I heard some ruffling and then a body pressed against mine, which made me aware of the fact that he had sat next to me. I felt a gentle shove and I smiled sadly through my tears, knowing he was trying to cheer me up. Why couldn’t Zayn be more like him? So carefree and happy!

He waited in silence; none of us said anything for a while as I just sobbed lowly and sniffled every now and then.

“It’s just…I…ugh!” I wailed while sobbing harder as his hand rubbed soothing patterns against my back.

“Come here,” he whispered, leaning in and planting a kiss on my forehead. I rested against him and tried to calm down, but I knew I had to get this out of my system.

I smiled and surely blushed at his move while I sobbed, though my sobs had decreased. Just being with him made me feel better. I laid my head on his chest, feeling his breathing and his heart beat against me. I felt the uttermost feeling of serenity invade me and I closed my eyes, feeling my problem slowly drift away.