33 - Was That Lux Crying?

“Hey is that you guys?” someone asked from behind us, making us jump a little from the surprise.

Niall and I just stared at each other, both of us aware of what was about to happen before the third person came into the scene. I bit my lip to keep myself from blushing, but there was no use. I turned to see Liam walking towards us and could not help but feel disappointed. I must confess I really looked forward to what was going to happen next.

“Who else could it be Liam?” Louis asked in disbelief, rolling his eyes at Liam as he appeared from behind him, with Lux still on his arms. Probably after the chaotic fight, Lux had stayed with Louis because she was afraid, poor baby girl.

“We are not the only people in this building, Louis,” Liam defended. “Don’t be so rude!” he added next, looking hurt as Louis only rolled his eyes at him.

But then, a guilty look took over his face as he saw Liam’s expression did not change. “Oh god, Liam, I am sorry. I did not mean to be rude to you,” he apologized as he embraced Liam in a tight hug.

Niall and I just stared at them, waiting for their little scene to be over. We suppressed laughs, unable to believe their little ‘Lilo’ moment.

“So what are you guys up to?” Louis asked after, as if nothing worth laughing a good hour for had happened.

I immediately stood up to grab Lux, trying to avoid any uncomfortable conversation. She extended her arms as soon as she saw me, wanting me to grab her. This made me so happy, I thought she was upset at me for leaving her behind. I grinned widely and grabbed her from Louis’ arms, who gladly gave the baby to me.

“Are you okay, Kaylie?” Liam asked. “That was pretty intense,” he added and then sighed. “We want to apologize in name of Zayn, you know.”

“Kaylie?” Louis questioned, trying to get my attention.

I focused on Lux, really not wanting to talk about this now. Niall had worked really hard to keep me from crying. “How are you doing, Lux?” I asked instead, evading the conversation. “Are you oaky? I am sorry for leaving you behind,” I told her, while cupping her face with one hand as I pressed her against my body with the other.

“She’s fine,” Louis told me as he stood up straight in front of me, apparently determined to get me to talk to him.

“Fine?” I questioned him, while looking straight into his eyes so he knew he should not lie to me. Lux was really important, I did not want her to be collateral damage to Zayn’s and I’s bickering.

“Yes,” he assured me with a nod. “She got really scared but I already calmed her down. It helps having four little sisters, you know,” he added with a satisfied grin, making me roll my eyes at him. He was always seeking for attention, wasn’t he?

“Get over yourself,” Niall teased while nodding as he got up from the floor.

“Why were you guys on the floor. Don’t you know the floor is all filthy and dirty?” Liam questioned with a disgusted facial expression. “Everyone walks through there, and you have no idea how their shoes are and all that!” he added with a squeaky voice that made me giggle.

“Seriously? You are such a control freak,” I teased, rolling my eyes at him playfully.

“And a proud one,” he joked along.

An idea came to my mind at that moment and I knew he would hate me for doing it, which made me want to do it even more. I got my index finger into my mouth, got it wet with saliva and then got it into his ear in the blink of an eye.