40 - Mending Them Broken Hearts

Okay, I did not get the five dedications I was rooting for but at least I got three, so thanks to these girls:

Confessions of a teenage idiot - xPerfectToMe

Confusion - 1D_love_me

Is this real life? - Naturally_Imperfect

And to the side is Taylor Swift's new song, 22. I love it :D

Enjoy the chapter!

 40 - Mending Them Broken Hearts

“I am sorry,” he mumbled, looking sorrowfully at me.

It was until then that I truly saw Zayn as an actual human being. The other boys quickly changed the false precept I had of them being perfect and out of this world, someone I could only look from afar and admire. But Zayn –due to obvious reasons- had remained that way, just that by the wrong reasons.

I had always thought he was full of himself and that he was trying to blame his problems on other people. But it was until today, at this moment and time, that I realized he was not trying to avoid his problems. He was coping with them, and painfully drowning in them. He tried to fight them, to get afloat and survive.

And it was unbelievable to think I had noticed this until now. I had been so full of myself as to notice. And for that I felt ashamed. I was too busy playing the victim role as to actually see the bully had some problems of his own. He did not actually enjoy going around making trouble, it was his way of asking for help.

“No, I am sorry,” I spoke up after a while, feeling my voice being caught up in my throat due to all I was feeling. My head was a wreck of emotions and I had so little time to sort them all out!

“We acted so childish,” he chuckled humorlessly as he ran a hand through his dark messy hair.

I nodded in agreement as I chuckled. But, unlike him, I did find it funny. And to believe I was now laughing about all the fighting we had was surreal. This experience had changed me, and the things I did surprised me. It was almost silly to believe that just a strong reprimand from Louise had got us to stop the bickering and see the light. “Yes, we so did,” I finally agreed, still giggling.

He turned to look at me and started laughing as well. He laughed silently at first, but as time went by, eh burst into a full fit of laughter, which only got me to laugh some more. “We’re fucking crazy,” he pointed out in between laughs.

“Indeed we are,” I agreed with a sigh as I wiped the tears that had formed on the rim of my eyes due to the good laugh. 

It took us a while to calm down and get our composure back. And when we finally did, Zayn spoke up again. “And Kaylie…?”

“Yes?” I inquired.

“It was not all your fault…” he started. “But most of it was,” he added then with a smirk. I stared at him, taken aback by his statement, with arched eyebrows so he would take it back. He finally sighed and chuckled. “Okay, it may have been my fault as well.”

May?” I asked with a laugh.

“Okay, it was my fault. But do not try to get yourself out of the fault’s list,” he demanded as he pointed his finger at me to make his point clear.

I only laughed as I nodded in agreement. “Yeah, it was my fault as well.”

“Hell yes!” he yelped in a high pitched tone and laughed out loud, squinting his eyes as he got a hold of his sides because he was laughing so hard. I only gave him a weird look that got him to stop laughing and roll his eyes at me. “Don’t you take in any jokes, Kaylie?” he asked dramatically. This was a totally new side of Zayn I had never seen before but I was excited to see more of.