38 - Forced Apologies

*Cling*

“Time to murder a British idiot,” I muttered as I walked out of the elevator. I had never cursed this much before, but in this summer so much about me had changed, that included.

I quickly stomped my way through the hallway down to their resting room. My view was set on the front. I walked past people but did not even steal a glance of them. I was too focused on where I had to get to. I was sure if this were a comic smoke would be fuming out of my ears. That was just how mad I was.

The door was wide open, as if it were waiting for me. And even if it were not, I would still go in. I stopped right in front of the door, reminding myself that not only Zayn was there, but also the other guys, and most importantly, Lux. She had gotten pretty scared since the last time we fought. I did not want that to happen again.

For what I could see through my blurry due to the raging tears that were already threatening to come out vision, Liam and Niall were on a corner talking and nodding nervously between each other while Louis and Harry goofily played with Lux, who was on Zayn’s lap.

I took a deep breath, reminding myself to count to ten. I needed to keep my composure at least for a moment. Then, I frowned as I analyzed the situation, deciding there was no room for composure. I was getting fired anyway. So why not speak up my mind?

I walked in, getting everyone but Zayn to look up to me. There were some crew members working in there, but they quickly went back to their work, not minding the teenage drama.

“Hey, Kay bay! How…” Louis scrunched up his face while thinking of something to rhyme it with, “is your day?” He grinned satisfied as he was able to finish his ‘complex’ sentence with my name. Oh, if only I were in the mood. Zayn tensed up at the mention of my name, not raising his gaze to meet my glaring one burning a hole through him. And somehow, that only got me even angrier.

“Hey, Kay. Don’t worry I am not going to hey-bay-day you,” Harry greeted with a grin as he shoved Louis playfully and rolled his eyes at him. Louis frowned and then gaped at Harry, pushing him back stronger. Soon enough, they were in a push-and-pull fight.

Liam cleared his throat to relieve the air from some tension that had started to build up and stared at me, anxiousness present in his eyes. I could see him begging with his eyes for me to keep things down.

But he had to understand that I had had enough of Zayn and his stupidity. He was going to cost me my job; I had to make him pay for it. I no longer had any obligation to be nice to him. He was not my idol anymore since long time ago.

When I first met them I thought my dreams had become true because I had finally got to see them and all that crap. But this was just another life lesson that things were not like in the movies or in the fan fictions I liked to read so much. Nothing was perfect and things happened, messing everything up.

If I had known I would have to go through this, I would have never agreed to the job. I would rather have stayed with the perfect version of Zayn and the other guys I had in my mind, because knowing them made them real, but it also made them humans full of flaws and ugly sides I did not like.

“Lads, stop,” Niall scolded Harry and Louis in a serious tone, throwing a nearby pillow at them so they could stop fooling around. I could see him nervous as well. They should, they knew between Zayn and me things would get ugly in just a few seconds.

“Ugh, don’t be a party pooper Niall,” Louis sighed dramatically, frustrated at Niall because he was being no fun.

“But this is not a party Lou…” harry reasoned, turning to face Louis with a confused frown.