23 - Fighting for Her & 'Babe' Consequences

23 - Fighting For Her & 'Babe' Consequences

 Three hours had passed by and Richard had his guard off.

Finally.

The lads and I already had a plan for me to escape and get to Kaylie. We planned it through texts and spy signs – which in overall was beyond amazing and adrenaline-full and fun and I’m running out of adjectives here to describe it- so that Richard would not find out.  We have always been good at talking without people realizing. We have our special language. I just hope it works because I really need to talk with her.

I was alert, waiting. Every passing second was crucial, one second off and it would all be for nothing. I had to take into account that she would leave soon to her home, which I had no idea of where it was –and finding out about it and showing up there would be quite stalkerish of me and could probably scare her off. I had to take into account that this was the last moment it would make sense. I could not let the day pass by without telling her. Anything could happen later. I needed to do it now.

I turned around to see the lads. It was show time. Harry nodded, giving us the signal that the plan was on.  

They all motioned to Richard at once, talking -well screaming actually- all at the same time and gesturing exaggeratedly so I could sneak off.

“Richard! Richard! Richard!”

“”I think I am having a stroke, Richard!”

“Richard!”

“Richard, help Harry, he is having a stroke!”

“Richard!”

He jerked back. “What the fuck is wrong with all of you? Have you been eating candy at my back?”

I smiled proudly at our perfect plan and started walking away backwards. The plan was working out perfectly until I bumped into a big, hard abdomen. I jerked back and then looked up. Damn it! I had completely forgotten about Paul! The Higginator stared down at me, raising one of his eyebrows as if in disbelief, I suppose. I just knew everything had indeed been for nothing, we had completely forgotten about him.

I was totally busted. I opened my mouth to say something but had no idea of what to say. What could I say anyway? Hey, Paul I’m going over to Kaylie’s to tell her I fancy her? I rather not.

“Is this because of Kaylie?” he asked out of nowhere as I lost myself in that mystic world called imagination and thoughts.

“Uh…what?” I blurted out, blinking continuously and coming back to reality.

“Is this because of Kaylie?” he repeated, slowly this time, elongating every single word as if I was a little kid.

“Umm…yeah…”I replied, sure that I had just blushed. Why did I blush? Oh, because I fancy her and she fancies me, true. I tried not to get too lost on those thoughts, after all, the lads could be wrong and I did not want to keep my hopes up. I had already done that and at the end it was not real and I ended up hurt.

“Go,” he sighed, moving to a side, making way for me to walk by.

“Re-really?” I questioned with my eyes open like plates and feeling the excitement bottle up inside of me. I was surprised, shocked, astonished, and so much more that was impossible to address in the little time I had.

“Yeah. I like her. Invite me to the wedding,” Paul shrugged while smiling and shoved me out of the room.

Soon enough I was in the hallway wondering what the heck had just happened. I shook my head to get rid of everything that was making me dizzy by now and walked to the lift.