25 - In Service Of A Friend (Pride & Prejudice)

25 - In service Of A Friend (Pride & Prejudice)

Zayn’s P.O.V.

It had been such a long day and I was beyond tired. Recording was not as much fun as it was when you started doing it if you had to do it every day. I knew this was all what we would be doing here, the reason for us being here in New Jersey, but that did not mean I knew it would be so tiresome –if I had known I would have thought twice before saying yes. But I also knew that it was all worth it, for I was doing what I loved and being paid for it, and mot importantly, making fans happy.

But it would be nice to be able to relax a bit and just go out, get to see the city and not be mobbed in the process or having pictures taken from every angle. And we were getting a couple of days off, but that was until the end of the summer.

Liam, Harry and Louis had gone to the famous Chinese restaurant on the corner of the street like half an hour ago. How they could be in the mood for that is beyond me.

I would have thought they were be as tired as I am, but apparently they still had the energy to go down there and eat while encountering fans and media and all of that –which I was trying to avoid as much as possible, especially after my break up, the least I wanted was to talk about it but they did not seem to understand that. And Niall, he had not returned from being with Kaylie, which I had no idea how he could deal with.  I wanted to run away to China every time I encountered her.

But it had been a long while since Niall had not even reported to security, even though we all knew we had to.

I shrugged dismissively until I realized I was talking to myself. I shook my head and walked towards the lift. A brunette walked out of a room and she turned around to wave inside. It was then when I realized it was Kaylie and I groaned internally. She was the last person I wanted to see, being totally honest.

She was probably returning Baby Lux to Louise.

She started walking and I slowly made my way to the room from which had just got out of. And I was right; there were Louise and Tom with Lux, messing around. They did not notice me and I preferred to keep it that way. I smiled at the scene of the reunited family after a long day and I could not help but want to be with my family once again. Just to think of everything I was missing out on got my mood down.

I slowed down a bit and tried to be as quiet as I could, so Kaylie could walk on by without noticing me. After those thoughts on my family and what I was missing on the least I wanted was someone to dampen my mood to the point where I felt like crying.  

Much to my pleasure, she did not notice me and continued to walk down towards the lift. I groaned internally once again when I saw that. I would have to share a ride with her in the lift. I was not going down the stairs being as tired as I was and I did not want to wait any longer to get out of this place so I had to sacrifice.

I got into the lift and as soon as she noticed me, she sighed tiredly. I frowned and turned to look at her. What the hell was she tired about? I highly doubted she had an exhausting day; at least it was not as exhausting as mine -that was for sure. It was not as if her job was even demanding. She just had to take care of a baby. Okay that might be tiring, but still. She is just a whiner, and for that, I do not like her.

But then, while thinking over the reasons why I did not like her, I remembered she was supposed to be with Niall, but he was nowhere in sight. Was he waiting for her downstairs so they could head to the Chinese restaurant and join the other lads?

That did not sound like Niall, he would have come up here with her…

“Hey,” she chirped nervously.