3 - Getting The First Day Started

Vote

Fan

Comment

 3-Getting The First Day Started

“Hey Paul! What are you doing down here?”Louise asked a big, muscly, bald, incredibly tall and scary, intimidating man who I assumed must be a body guard. Darn it, she does work for the mob. How do I get the heck out of this place?

“Richard wanted me to tell him when you arrived here.”

“Oh, do not bother. Actually, can you do me a favor and show her around please?”

He stared down at me impassively, making me gulp. “Who is she?” He asked in a distrustful tone.

“She is Lux’s babysitter.”

“Does she know it?” he asked raising an eyebrow and I tried to calm myself down and look more professional. But he kept on scaring the hell out of me without really doing anything, so my professionalism might have to wait a little longer.

“Paul!” Louise scolded.

“What!?”

“Shut up and be nice!” Louise reprimanded, nodding her head amused.

Nothing seemed to ever bring her down and I was really glad she was my employer.

“I’m just saying she does not seem to know! You could be a little bit nicer Louise,” he complained, crossing his arms over his chest like a little kid and Louise burst out laughing, making me smile.

She had one of those contagious smiles that made everyone around her loosen up and at least smile.

I gulped once more though, because there was something inside of me telling me I knew this place and I was getting more and more anxious as time went by.

What if this was a bad place and she really did work for the mob?

Maybe I had seen about this place in a television cop show and that was why it was so familiar. I tried shutting my eyes for a while and tried to get my heart beat back to normality. The horses’ poop now sounded pretty perfect.

“Stop being a baby and hurry up! I am already incredibly late!” Louise said amused after a while getting my attention and Paul rolled his eyes and sighed.

Louise then turned to face me again. “Can you start working right now? I promise I will call your mom as soon as I can. And if she says no then I will pay you for today.”

“Yeah, sure. Go to work before you get in any later, Louise!” I said, a grin in my face due to how funny Louise could be.

She smiled, looked down to her wristwatch, and opened her eyes wide in surprise. “Got to run, see you later!” she hurried to say.

It is so funny to hear British people talk. They are so serious and their English is so right. It kind of makes me feel like a peasant.

“Bye,” I said as she walked away after kissing Lux on the forehead, leaving her in my arms and the nicest body guard in the world next to me.

“Let’s go. I do not have all day long,” he said in that incredibly nice voice tone he had and grinned widely to me –please note how the sarcasm intensifies towards the end. “I still need to go up there to meet Louise and the lads.” He started to walk and I followed him obediently to avoid any trouble.

I really felt like I was on the first day of school when he was around. We got into an elevator and since we were on the lobby he pushed the button to the seventh floor, just like Louise had said. Things got really awkward and the elevator seemed to take forever to get us to the seventh floor. From time to time I took glances of Paul but as soon as he noticed I would look back to the floor, totally intimidated by him.