41 - Everything Is Fine, Give the Baby Back

OH MY GOD!!!! Can you believe I had completely forgot about updating?! This is so embarrassing. I cannot talk much, I am making some tea, so see ya!

Enjoy! Leave comments. Fan. Vote, please!

41 - Everything Is Fine, Give The Baby Back

 “And? Did you?” Niall demanded. His voice tone was a bit more loud and irritated now, while he stared down, dumbfounded, at our intertwined arms. He could no longer say anything and all I could get from him was his clenched jaw as he just stared.

Once I noticed and understood why he could get the wrong impression, I immediately wiggled my way away from Zayn’s grasp. I sighed once again to calm myself down and to be able to explain properly and then answered. “What? No! Yuck!” I wrinkled my nose just in a desperate attempt to make my point even more clear –that the only one I wanted was Niall.

I was not trying to hurt Zayn, though. It was not that he was not attractive, he absolutely was. He was a Greek god, no denial in that. But the way I felt about him would never resemble the way I felt about Niall. What I had with Niall was real, and I just did not see Zayn that way. He was just a friend, and he would always be. And I found myself desperately wanting Niall to see that. Even though, I must confess, seeing him so jealous made me feel butterflies and want to giggle like a naïve little girl who had just met Santa.

But Zayn did not know what was going through my mind and why I was doing what I was doing so he smacked my arm in protest. “Hey!” he whined.

I flinched and held onto my arm, scrunching up my face at him. “Ouch! Sorry, not sorry!” I shot back, sticking my tongue out at him.

He only nodded in disbelief and rolled his eyes at me. “You’re paying for this,” he stated.

“I’ll explain later,” I promised. He nodded and then patted my back as he looked up.

“We solved our problems,” he said with a big smile to Louise, who kept on staring cautiously at us, as if afraid we were just pretending and as soon as she turned around we would burst into a ninja fight –which would actually be quite awesome.

“Yeah, I can tell that.” She mumbled with wide eyes.

“You’re not dead,” Harry whispered in shock.

“You’re intertwining arms,” Liam said next.

“You’re giggling,” Kennan gagged.

“You look happy,” Louis pointed out as he just scratched his chin as if trying really hard to understand. And what was funny was that he was not even pretending this time, like he always did. He was not dramatizing. For real, not even he expected Zayn and me to ever come to terms and get over our bickering. Honestly, neither did I. but for the first time, in there, I actually saw the real Zayn, a human that had flaws and who fought to stay alive because his life was not perfect. 

“You are not yelling,” Louise added at last.

Those things, they had all said it pretty much to themselves, but since no one else was talking we could all hear each other perfectly, and more due to the fact that it was really well synchronized, one after the other. Which was beyond hilarious to my point of view, and probably to Zayn’s too.

“…sing! La-la-la!” Lux chirped giddily, obviously not understanding or caring about what was going on around her. She just wanted to have fun and I loved her for it.

I walked over to where she was, grabbed her from Louise’s arms –with her permission, of course- and held her tightly against me. For a moment I had almost lost her. I had been too stupid and had forgotten what I had come here for. It was this baby, the reason for my adventures, for my happiness and for everything that had happened this summer.

But I had been too caught up in my own problems and insecurities as to fully pay attention to her. I had only been for her when necessary, instead of always. She was soon going to walk out of my life and she was probably not even going to remember me because I was being so selfish that I had left her aside. How stupid of me!

I kissed her cheek and handed her to Zayn. He smiled thankfully at me and grabbed her, placing a sloppy kiss on her cheek before looking up to me and saying, “Thanks.”

“Yes, we are singing Lux,” I cooed to the gorgeous baby in his arms, dismissing Zayn because I knew there was no need for words anymore. It was all gone now, only joy was left. There was no need to talk about it anymore. “We sing when we’re happy,” I told her.

“Lalala! Darararira!” Zayn sang lowly, harmonizing perfectly and moving from side to side, making Lux giggle and hide her face on the crook of his neck. That caused him to laugh out loud such a contagious laugh that I could not help but laugh as well. I moved my head to the lullaby, enjoying this moment to its actuality. I bet we all looked very cute in this scene, if I do say so myself.

I heard a click and turned around to see Louise seeing her phone with tears on her eyes. I frowned and walked up to her, leaving Zayn and Lux singing while Harry and Liam approached to join them.

Louise looked up at me and smiled nostalgically. “Thank you,” she whispered.

“What for?” I inquired confused, leaning in so I could hear her better.

“For trying,” she responded, then embracing me in a tight hug. I remained still for a few seconds, just processing what she said. But as soon as my mind came around it, I smiled into her hair and hugged her back with everything I had, just happy that God had put her in my way.

“Baby you light up my world like nobody else,” Zayn continued to sing, now with lyrics, as I joined back into the small semi circle they had created and I did a mini dance, making Lux laugh.

“So…would you like to explain what happened in there?” Harry asked next, while frowning. He scratched the back of his neck and Kennan crossed his arms across his big chest.

“Yeah, something big must have happened for you guys to be like that!” Louise agreed as she approached the group, wiping away the tears.

Zayn and I looked at each other and answered at the same time, “No,” with a sly smirk.

“But…you-you owe us an explanation!” Harry complained, with his eyebrows furrowed together as he got his hands to the sides of his hips and pouted. Such a whining cupcake!

“Yes, after all this time of drama, you owe it!” Kennan followed, raising his arms frustrated, just making me frown at him.

“No we don’t,” I said matter of factly at him with my hands to the sides of my hips. He was like the most useless human being and had never helped me out and he demanded things from me? Oh hell no!

Then Zayn looked back at me, ignoring everyone’s protests. “Would you like to go to the park now?” he asked as he accommodated Lux in his arms.

That sounded like a lovely idea to me. “Su-” I started to respond.

“Not so fast, time to go to interview lads,” someone interrupted just in time. I turned around to see who it was. “Had you forgot?” Richard asked, coming into the scene.

“Ugh, the interview,” Louis groaned.

“I just want to sleep!” Kennan whined, getting an odd look from me, which earned me a scowl from him and the middle finger, causing me to gape and scowl back. I could not flip him the bird back, though. Lux was gazing at me and would not look away. And I would get in trouble if she learned to do that.

“We are in the middle of something Richard!” Liam interjected.

“Yes, something pretty intense!” Harry agreed.

“And I am hungry!” Niall complained.

“Shut up, all of you, and go get ready!” he commanded. There was no joke or kindness in his voice.

Zayn huffed annoyed but handed Lux to me anyway.

“Right now,” they all mumbled and walked away, dragging their feet against the ground reluctantly.