8 - Making A Fool Of Myself In Front Of My Idols, Just Normal Stuff

Comment

Fan

Vote

 8- Making A Fool Of Myself In Front Of My Idols, Just Normal Stuff

“Hey, slow down. We will excuse you with Louise. Walk with us,” Louis almost shouted from behind me. I may have rushed in just to avoid walking with them.

Oh lord! I needed to remind myself how to breathe every five seconds, at least. I turned around to face them. I tried to say something like thank you or anything, for that matter, but failed. I felt my cheeks turn scarlet red at the stupidity I was acting on. It was obvious I would do nothing to enhance my situation, so I turned around and quickly walked into the elevator determined to not embarrass myself any more in front of them. I had to keep at least a bit of dignity.

“Hey! Hold the lift!” Liam said.

Okay, maybe I will. Nothing better than embarrassing myself in front of my idols. Yey!

I let it open until they walked in and held onto the opposite side. I soon found myself praying to have the courage to ask them something, anything. As I thought about what they said I could not help but smile. Lift. Haha, British people and their idioms.

I turned to see them. Apparently, all I could do was stare. I was like a naive little girl meeting Santa or something like that. I had no idea of what to do or to say. I was pretty much, to say it nice and to say the least, awkward; yes like that MTV’s show. I gulped nervously. Several minutes had gone by and I still had no idea of what to do. Thee hurrays’ for me.

I looked towards the square that held all the numbers that corresponded to all the floors of the building. Two more floors and I’m out of here, I thought while fidgeting nervously with my fingernails.

I looked up from my nails. Liam met my gaze and smiled. He tried to approach me but then the door opened to my floor. I sighed relieved, quickly exiting but immediately wishing that had gone another way. I mean, Liam Payne was about to talk to me and the lift suddenly stops. Haha, lift. But it was totally my fault. I have always been so bad with guys. That’s why I have never had a boyfriend. I suck at flirting with guys. Not that I was going to be able to flirt with Liam Payne, anyway. I would probably freak out and die. And he had a girlfriend I pretty much loved to death. Comes in with the duties of being a directioner, I guess.

I walked to where Lux and I always were, to remember I had to go pick her up to Louise’s. Darn it. I shuffled my feet to where the lift was – I will use that word from now on, it’s so funny – and waited for the lift again.

I heard the familiar cling and hopped in. I got to the floor I had to, not missing the chance to look around. This was a pretty big building! I got to where Louise always was. As I walked in, I saw her with Lux in her arms.

“I am so sorry for coming late!” I said as soon as I walked in, not even saying good morning or anything else.

“Oh, it is okay. I spent more time with her. You ready to go with Kaylie, Lux?”

“Yeah!” the cute baby girl said.

Louise turned to see me and quickly noticed I was nervous. She positioned Lux in the couch and approached me. “You okay, darling?”

I fidgeted with my fingers, hoping talking with her about it would make the uneasy feeling go away. “Umm…this thing of being so close to One Direction is not as awesome as you would think.”

“What? Why? I thought you were their fan.”

“I am. That’s the problem. I have encountered them several times but I cannot bring myself to speak. Not a single word,” I mumbled, upset at myself. I was losing the chance of my life!

“What?” Louise burst into laughter.

“Do not laugh! Louise!” I whined when I saw she did not stop and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I am sorry!” she said between laughs.

“I just keep on running from them. Right now, I ran away from Louis and Liam!” I told laughing.

Soon enough we were on the floor laughing our butts off. We seemed like epileptic freaks. It was something weird to see.

“Hey Louise something weird is going on…” I heard someone say slowly in a deep voice say, but whoever it was did not finish their sentence. They were probably too busy staring at Louise and me on the floor. It’s not something you encounter every day you step into a stylist’s place.

I looked up to find no one else but Harry Styles in front of me. Holy crap! I quickly got up, poking Louise on the side to do the same, all long trying to keep my composure. I quickly fixed my hair which was all over the place. I cleared my throat and stumbled, making a fool of myself one more time. I shut my eyes closed and forced myself to stop moving, that way I would not make matters worse than they already were.

“Woah…” he said as if he had no idea of what else to say. And seriously, what else was there to say?

“What is-?” Niall followed, cutting himself off when he laid his eyes on us.

“Hey, is Lux here or with her-” Zayn started but didn’t finish either.

“Tell Louise about the girl in the lif…” Liam said from behind, the fragment of his sentence lingering on the air.

“Louise?” Louis asked, confusion written on his face just the way it was in every other boy’s face.                                                                    

“Yes?” Louise said trying to get back her composure. She failed and started to laugh again. I had frozen up again. I was unable to move. I just stared at them wide-eyed. I had my arms awkwardly to my sides. I was generally in an awkward position, to say the least, I was in an awkward situation overall.

And I was so upset at myself. I kept on making a fool of myself in front of them!

“Umm…can you explain to us what is going on?” Liam said, probably voicing everyone’s thoughts.

Oh lord. What a beautiful British accent. Please do not die, or faint, Kaylie. Please! I forced myself to crook a smile, sure this was going to end in disaster. Or in me embarrassing myself some further.