1 - A Baby Towards The Street

So, here it starts, I hope I am doing it okay. I was rethinking this after all the zux drama but my story is not offensive at all and represents the relationship between the baby and the boys, specially Zayn, as a normal safe relationship, so hopefully everyone agrees and likes it :)

comment

vote

fan

1- A Baby Towards The Street

 "Hey Kaylie..." my cousin greeted and she did not sound excited, thing that got me nervous. A week had gone by and she had still not been able to find me a job.

"Hey Laura!" I said as I heard my voice echoing in the back. "Any luck getting me job?" I asked anyway, hoping this time she would bring me good news. Maybe she was just talking like that to make me think she got nothing and then surprise me.

"Um...not yet," she said in a low voice. I knew her so well that I could see in my mind her guilty face on the other side of the phone. And it made me feel bad; she was the best cousin I could ever ask for, always caring about me.

"But it has been a week already!" I said frustrated as I walked through my favorite park's trail.

I tucked myself tighter inside my red coat as I continued to walk, looking around me. Right now, here in New Jersey , we were having a wind gauge from Alaska. So you can guess it was really cold.

And it was not something I appreciated. It's the summer break, I should be wearing shorts and tank tops, but you cannot force Mother Nature. If you do, she will slap you across the face. And no one wants to be slapped by Mother Nature now, do they?

On brighter news, this park is a gift from God, you know. It is an awesome park because it is like a little piece of forest in the middle of a big city. If you are overwhelmed - by the way I flip my hair, just kidding, bad joke I know, sorry- by stress, people, certain situations, etcetera, this is your place. You can just lose yourself in here. And sometimes that is all we need, to get lost in order to find ourselves.

That is why New Jersey is a great place to grow up. It gives you so much to enjoy, like this park. It is great especially if you like to walk like me. It has so many options for you. Great for someone who is on her vacations, bored to death at home and hyperactive -aka me.

I came back to reality as I heard my cousin talk again. And I was really interested in this conversation. How can it be that I could not find a job?!

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry about that," she mumbled into the phone.

"Oh, don't worry darling. It's okay. Thank you, anyway," I replied, trying to comfort her even though I was the one who needed comfort.

"I'll keep on trying Kaylie, just give me time," she reassured me.

I started to say thank you but stopped as I saw a beautiful baby girl who was still learning to walk, stumbling through the parks' trail towards the street.

She was what?

One year old, maybe less. But not for much. Her green bonnet shook in her head as she bumped her way through the trail. I looked around frantically to see who was with her. There were many people there. But no one seemed to either notice the baby, to care she was walking right to the street or to be with her. She was suddenly getting closer and closer to the full-of-racing-cars street and panic struck me. "Oh my God!" I gasped and started to motion towards her without a second thought.