45 - The Mother's Scolding & The Cute Irish

I shifted uncomfortably. I had no idea where I was. I felt dizzy and there was an intense and continuous pounding inside my head. I heard nothing but complete and utter silence. Like Taylor says ‘I’ve never heard silence quite this loud’. Well, at least I was having positive thoughts…

I tried to open my eyes. It was all blurry when I did. It took me a while to see anything. There was an expectant face on top of me. I frowned in confusion, then regretting it for it still hurt.

Then, my vision became clearer and clearer until I finally was able to actually see. It was my mom, staring down at me worriedly. She was probably wondering if I was alive. My mom was the type of mom that the doctors could tell I was just fine, but she would never believe them until she saw me actually moving and talking. She watched a lot of Home & Health on Mondays, so her head was full of weird stuff and she probably thought I had some weird and rare syndrome.

“Honey? Are you feeling alright?” Her face expressed fear, worry and nervousness. And at that moment I felt sorry for her. I had got her distressed due to my stupidity. At the moment, I did not even care if she grounded me and told me to quit my job. I just did not want her to be mad at me. She was everything to me and I just wanted to see her happy.

“Uh, I suppose. I have nauseas and I feel a pounding in my head. Is that okay? Or am I dying?” I questioned as I took a hand up to the side of my head, gently rubbing against it.

“Well, the nausea is because of the pills they gave you for the pain. The pounding will be gone in a while, sweetie. Try not to move too much. The more you move, the more the concussion makes effect on you.” Her voice was filled with sweetness, the kind only mothers have. But once she said the word concussion I knew it was bad.

Crap, the blow to the head had caused a concussion. For what I had seen in movies and on television, people died from that. Was she just comforting me for until I died?

“Okay, mom.” Time passed by, but I was still a tad bit confused. Where were the boys? Was I going to die alone, without them around?

After a while and after some weird food a nurse gave me, my mom eyed me suspiciously. “So, are you okay? Besides the dizziness is there anything else?”

“Nothing else, I am just fine.” I was surprised that my mom was taking it so relaxed. Normally, she would have freaked out. She had said nothing about quitting my job or about being grounded.

 “Okay.” She nodded. Then, the expression in her face changed into one that freaked me out. “Kaylie Jenna Parker Brown. You are in so much trouble! What the hell? I let you work there and then you end up in a hospital?! This is why I did not want you to work in the first place! You are too young. And to be around such weird and crazy and irresponsible boys! This is not what you asked permission for! You asked permission to babysit. A baby, not five grown up boys!”

“Mom…”

“This is the last time you get permission for something like this. You could have died! And you are grounded. Don’t you think that because you are in a hospital bed you are out of trouble! You will spend the rest of your life inside that house while everyone else lives it up in the weekends!” She took a deep breath. All rage seemed to go away. Lucky me…

“This Niall boy refused to go back to his hotel and leave you. Richard, the manager, told them to go back to the hotel to get some sleep and apologize for the interview they missed and offer one in their hotel room. The other four boys nodded, kissed you forehead and got out of the room. This boy here refused,” she said, pointing at Niall, who I had not noticed until then.