51 - Goodbye Lux

51 - Gooodbye Lux

But the inevitable finally arrived, no matter how many cloud shapes we tried to come up with. It was like death, it was the only thing you could not avoid. But this time, it was a goodbye, though it felt as painful as death itself.

There we were, standing in front of their private airplane. All of their bags were already inside. Richard gave them some time to say goodbye to me and then, they were out. Up into the sky and back home, away from me. And that hurt just as much saying it in my head than saying it aloud.

Louise and Lux had traveled in a different car, but they were here as well, ready for the goodbye. Louise had tears prickling on her eyes already and Lux was oblivious to what was happening, thankfully. I honestly don’t think I could have handled her knowing this was our goodbye.

If she were to start crying, then I would really not be able to let them go. Lux had become such an important part of me. I was not sure how I was going to go back to school knowing she was no longer with me, knowing she would soon forget me, even if I never forgot her.

But that was the thing, life went on and you had to move on or it would move on without you.

So there she was, just playing with her mother’s hair as I started to feel nostalgic and hurt. I was glad I was the only one that had to deal with the pain, though. I loved her so much that I did not care to have to suffer for both of us. I cared too much about her as to mind some pain.

“I’m going to miss you, Kaylie. And so is Lux,” Louise said with a thread of a voice. “Right now, she has no idea of what is happening, but when she realizes on the plane that we are getting away from you, she will cry,” she added as a tear rolled down her cheek.

“No. Please, don’t cry or you will make me cry too,” I shrieked as I hurried to get closer to her.

She sighed and then hugged me tightly. Lux was in her arms so she hugged me as well, a hug I would treasure forever in my mind. I was trying to keep a hold of every single touch, laugh, everything. I just wanted to make sure I would never forget Lux, even though that was impossible anyway. She was far too important to me as for me to forget her. She would constantly be in my mind, every single day.

The tears started streaming down my face as I finally realized it. This was it, no more Lux, no more fun, no more One Direction, no more Niall. It was all done. I was pushed back into that boring and horrible routine school was and there was nothing I could do about it.  I was back to being the friendless girl with an odd attitude. Even though, that, I could change. And I would.

These guys, actually, everyone I had met this summer had helped me gain confidence in myself, and now I knew that no one could bring me down or make something of me unless I allowed them to. I was the one who gave others the power and I was the only one that could give the power to myself.

Then, Louise broke the hug and quickly walked into the airplane. Until then, I actually realized how close I grew to Louise, to the Atkins. They were such amazing people! Not common either, it was hard to find people like them.

Lux waved goodbye as they went up the stairs, happily bouncing on her mother’s arms, probably thinking she would see me tomorrow. I waved back, feeling my heart ache as my favorite baby girl in the world left me. A few tears were already on my eyes, but I tried to keep them at bay, I tried to stay strong.

I looked down at my feet, knowing more heartbreak was coming, since there were seven people left to say goodbye to.

Kennan approached me. “Bye, Kaylie,” he mumbled as he hugged me tightly.

I could barely breathe, but I let him hold me tightly anyway. After all, he had a special place in my heart, in my summer and in my memories. As we stayed there, hugging each other, I remembered all the things I shared with him, all the things we went through together. He had helped to prank me. He had been there for me, even in the oddest ways. He had been that voice that pushed me to do or not do things. He was the one who –in a weird way- said he believed in me.

“I am going to miss you so much, Kennan. Have a great time with you wife-to-be and I hope you two become a lovely family someday. Send me pictures of the wedding, please,” I pleaded as I looked up to him.

“I will. But that does not mean we are friends, okay. I still highly dislike you.” And with that he walked away, making me scoff. There was only so much I could expect from him.

Then, Harry came around, his hands deep into his pockets as he looked down to the ground. He said nothing, he only hugged me, and quickly Louis accompanied him. They both held tight on to me, embracing me into a sandwich hug.

Soon enough, Liam joined us. “You are an amazing person, Kaylie. We have traveled the world but we have never met someone like you,” he complimented.

“And we do hope you never forget us,” Louis added in a whisper.

I started crying again, not being able to control my emotions. It was hard to when my idols were saying such nice things to me. “I never expected you guys to be such nice people, you know. You are pop stars, you are not supposed to be like this…but-but you proved me wrong, and you proved me friendship is one of the most magical things that we have been blessed with. I will always keep you guys in my heart,” I cried out, looking dearly at each one of them.

“Oh, Kaylie,” Harry shrieked as he cried with me. He hugged me once more and I felt my heart aching even more.

I never expected to get so attached to them. I had only got a job as a babysitter at the beginning of June, and now here I was, in August, with my heart breaking as some of the most important people in my life left me.

“I can’t do this anymore,” Liam said and walked away. Louis looked down, a tear making its way out of his left eye and then down his cheek. Harry patted his back in a comforting way and then they hugged me once more. Then, they got on the plane as well.

I sighed. I had been preparing myself for this moment, but it was a million times worse than what I thought. And I had still not said goodbye to Niall, or Zayn. I had such a strong connection to each one of them. Both of them were different. They meant so much to me, how was I supposed to let them go? How was that going to come out? With me having a heart attack? Because my heart was aching in a way that was not even human or possible anymore.

---*---*---

So what are your thoughts on the goodbye? It will carry on the next chapter, the more votes and comments the earlier the update! God, this last chapters make me want to cry.