Reflections

Semi poetry I guess? I just discovered this song like five minutes ago and I'm obsessed.
——————
We were too close to the stars,
I never knew somebody like you,
somebody,
Falling just as hard,
I'd rather lose somebody than use somebody,
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise,
(I sold my soul for you)
I see my reflection in your eyes;
——————

The field was lit by a luminous moon, the dew sparkling in the half light. They were so close to the stars, so close it felt as though you could reach out and pluck one from the sky.

It felt as though either could simply implode at the lightest of touches from the other, though still they craved infinitely more, more touches, more closeness. They lived for the brushing of hands and knees, instinctive and thoughtless gestures that simply made the other combust. They walked a tightrope of "friends".

Both fell so hard, so awfully hard, for each other. Even the moon seemed to hold its breath on the beautiful night, waiting for one to slip up. To make the best mistake of their life and tell the other how they felt, every emotion.

Neither wanted to lose the other, but the denial built precarious walls of lies up higher and higher. One day those walls would come crashing down.

That day just happened to be today. Or tonight rather. An inability to hold out any longer. A kiss filled with longing. A kiss reciprocated and enjoyed, or perhaps a kiss need and wanted. Wanted so bad. Finally gotten.

And a final stare at the reflections in each other's eyes~