Blinding Lights

NO this is not based on accelerate. Don't even say it. I got this idea weeks before that fic got popular and then lost motivation so it wasn't published until now.

————————————————————
I've been tryin' to call
I've been on my own for long enough
Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe
I'm going through withdrawals
You don't even have to do too much
You can turn me on with just a touch, baby
I look around and
Sin City's cold and empty (oh)
No one's around to judge me (oh)
I can't see clearly when you're gone
+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Dream watched as the cars roared past him, sleek exteriors slipping through the air, reflecting the lights of Los Angeles.

Sure, street racing was illegal, but that was what made it fun. At least, to Dream.

Some people raced for money, others to feel like daredevils without the threat of anything worse that a few broken bones and six months in jail. But most people raced just to race. To feel the wind in your hair, zooming through the city at ninety miles an hour. Being with so many people and yet in your own world. Dream was one of those people.

George was one of the people who liked to watch others race. From the safety of his apartment. The apartment was situated on the second floor of a building that was right next to a popular racing meeting place, so it was easy for him to see the races without going outside.

George loved to see the sleek fancy cars, Lamborghinis, camaros, mustangs. He loved to see them rushing past so quickly, and also he maybe liked that one driver in particular but the cars yeah the cars were great.

His favorite was a glimmering black Lamborghini with lime green accents. It also had a really cute driver, with dirty blond hair, kind of muscular too, but like the kind that would hold you and protect you-

...

Moving on

George had always wanted to ride him- ride with him in that wonderful car. Zooming along  the coast going 102 and just living. That was of course how he thought his life would go when he moved to LA. Like so many others, he was wrong. He had a graphic design and coding job at Webtoon, that wasn't too bad. He still wished he were part of that nightlife he witnessed others enjoying.

But then  one night, he got confident. He got swag. He got blackout drunk. He was about to stumble into the door of his apartment building and attempt not to fall up the stairs and die. But then the loud revving of a particular Lamborghini filled George's ears, followed by two other cars, one vintage mustang convertible and the other was some weird ugly space ship shaped one that he didn't like anyway.

Of course he was only focused on the one car, specifically the one cars driver. He'd never seen the blond man so close before, and he couldn't say the rugged beauty didn't startle him a little at first. The cute sandy sun-bleached hair, cut a little long. The tan skin with freckles all over it. The bright green eyes, adorned with thick blond lashes. Plump pink lips that looked to be excellent for kissing. He also had kind of a cute nose too, speckled with a bit more freckles than the rest of his body.

George didn't really consider himself a very handsome person but that night he felt rather like he was quite attractive. He was wearing a simple but stylish outfit. A white button up, with rolled up sleeves, a lose collar and a few buttons undone. Black ripped skinny jeans, some cute black and white converse and a few thin chains around his neck. His hair had been combed back before he left the house but by now it was messed up and stuck there in the light heat that coated the midsummer night in LA.