Chapter 36: Group up

***Blade POV***

We call a meeting to discuss the plan to defeat the enemy. Batman called in Zatara to help in the medical wing just in case something goes wrong, again.

"What we know so far," Rob began, "Is that they were all waiting at Puppeteer's. Which means they had to have known that we were going to check those places out."

"We were set up?" Seriva asks.

"Yes," Rae says.

"But none of those guys are good at making a plan," Knight says.

"So someone else was behind it?" Shiri asks.

"Yes," BB says.

"But who?" Akita asks.

"We don't know," Cy says.

"But we believe it was the villain known as General Immortus," Starfire says.

A picture appeared on the screen and I immediately knew it was the guy who went through the portal with me.

"We can't say for sure though," Rob says.

I want to say something, but I can't seem to find my words. I remember what Nightwing told me in the future. He told me how it all started going downhill. Who was on which team.

"Alright, Alpha is BB, Raven, Seriva, and Knight. Beta: Batman, Rob, Star, and Cy. Gamma: Zatanna, Shiri, Akita, Blade and Robin," Rob says.

Everyone starts grouping up. I walk slowly to my group, not knowing when to say something. Bats notices from his spot in the room.

"Blade what's wrong?" Bats asks.

I look up at him and everyone looks at me. My heart beat faster and faster. I didn't know what to say. I knew I should tell them, but it didn't matter. According to the other Seriva, the plan doesn't help so I change it.

"Is it about the future?" Cy asks.

"Yes," I say, "You guys told me the teams. These teams."

"So we'll fail?" Akita says.

"Yes," I say.

"Can we change it?" BB asks.

"We can try," I say, "You guys suggested new groups."

"Tell us," Rob says.

"Alpha: Seriva, Akita, Star, and Raven. Beta: Rob, BB, Cy, and Zatara. Gama: Batman, Blade, Knight, Robin, and Shiri," I say.

"All we can do is try," Knight says.

Everyone groups up and begins going to their places. When we got there I finally knew why it didn't work, and why it wasn't gonna work this time.