•19.•

• damn it, jace! •

damn it, jace!

SHE WAS RESTLESSLY moving back and forth through the living room of Magnus' loft. Clary had snuck out of the Institute in the hopes of reconnecting with her Mundane side but was taken by a brainwashed Dot. Now Alec was on the verge of dying after using his parabatai rune to find Jace and Magnus was clinging onto the last straws of his magic in order to keep him alive. However, without reuniting with Jace.. Alec would be gone. 

Blythe runs a hand through her mess of brown locks. She couldn't sit down or take a rest with everything that was going on at the moment. And she didn't have the patience to brush her hair either, she figures as she encounters many knots. 

She was just walking back from another round of pacing when she hears the sound of someone calling her. She sprints towards the device that was laying on one of the side tables. The phone almost fell out of her hands with her hurried movements, but she managed to press the green button and put it to her ear. "Magnus? Is everything alright? How is Alec? Do you know anything about Clary?"

Magnus voice sounded calm on the other side, but Blythe knew he too was scared for Alec's wellbeing. "I wanted to call you to inform that Clary has safely returned to the Institute. Unfortunately there is no improvement in Alec's condition. We have come up with a plan to get Alec to my loft and bring Jace there-" "-Wait, where is Jace then? Have you found him," Blythe asks, cutting him off. Magnus didn't seem to mind her interjection and answers her question patiently. "He just called from a werewolf bar. He is on his way. If he is there earlier then us, let him inside. Also, prepare a place for Alexander to lay down in comfort. I'll see you there soon."

"I'll prepare everything. See you soon," Blythe promises and she ends the call. Finally she had some way to aid the others, since most of the time she was really useless. Blythe didn't have any magic to help them out, nor could she use runes or seraph blades. She didn't have Simon's speed or strength. She was just.. an ordinary human. And it sucked, most of the time. So, Blythe rushes around the apartment and places cushions on a leather lounge seat. She also prepared some of Magnus' potion ingredients. In case of an emergency it was at least stalled out.

But, unfortunately, she was done with it in under ten minutes. Now she just had to wait for either Jace or the others to arrive. While she was sitting on the couch and waiting, she read through one of Magnus' books on the Downworld. Perhaps she would find clues to what was after her by going through them, but she already read three and still got nowhere.

It was strange. Nothing had attacked or approached her, except for Valentine. And that wasn't even because of her, but because of her friendship to Clary. Why would someone who was after her not.. do anything? If only she knew what or who it was. If only she knew why..

But the only person who knew that was her mother and, as far as she knows, she has been dead for a long time. 

Blythe didn't remember anything about her parents, except for that one memory of, who she presumes to be, her father giving her a nickname. But even that wasn't certain, since it also could have been someone else. None of her memories had returned since she stopped taking the medication. Magnus had warned her that it might take months or years for them to come back, or that they might never return, so that wasn't exactly helpful either.