Chapter Sixty-eight

Izuku was actually pretty happy, simply knowing that some of Salamander's forces actually had dignity, meant that some of them could see the error in his ways, not this person however, Izuku could tell, this person was the type to thank him for her power.

And it was only that way because she is, truly powerful.

Izuku let out a small tune when he was walking, the girl behind him, Izumi, raising a brow at the tune.

'Where do I know that from?' She thought, feeling as though she recognized the tune.

She shook her head however, and instead looked at the mountains up ahead.

They were large, with many green valleys, although there were also many dangerous mountains that would be difficult to traverse without proper knowledge of them.

Well, for normal people at least.

Izuku kept walking even after reaching the mountains, seeming to look for something.

Eventually, he stopped searching, and smiled, he walked over to the spot, and sat down.

Izumi only stared at him, he was so defenceless.

Izuku was just sitting there, his head laid back and his eye closed as he faced the sky.

"Stand up." She ordered.

Izuku's smile faltered a little, and he sighed as he opened his eye.

"Oh please, look at the landscape, let's just relax for a moment before we destroy the whole place." He responded.

Izumi let out a sigh, before also sitting down, fidgeting with her hands as she looked around at the scenery, bored.

After a minute or two, Izuku stood up, and Izumi followed rather soon after.

"So, shall we start?" He asked.

Izumi nodded her head, and the two set some distance from each other, before both assuming a fighting stance.

"I shall slay you now." She said, determined.

Izuku said nothing as he readied himself to strike.

Neither budged, both hoping to attack second, a counter, Izuku didn't know how this mysterious person fights, and Izumi's whole tactic was around waiting for the enemy to strike first.

Eventually, Izuku dashed forward, Izumi didn't have the time to react as he suddenly appeared in front of her, and flew back as a punch landed hard into her stomach.

Despite the pain, the power she suddenly felt coarse through her being made her grin.

With the same speed Izuku had used earlier, Izumi appeared in front of him, fist raised, but she didn't have the opportunity to actually hit him as he grabbed her arm at the shoulder, then her wrist, and ducked.

He threw her over himself, and she landed hard into the ground, causing a small crater to form.

Izuku quickly jumped back, confused about the earlier trade.

'The speed she came at me, was no doubt the same speed I had gone to her, no, it was a tad faster, even the punch, the power behind it was just more than the power my punch had.' Izuku thought.

Izuku watched hesitantly as Izumi rose from the ground, rolling her arm.

Izumi lunged forward again, and Izuku instead intercepted with a kick to the side, one that she had time to block, but it hadn't mattered, the power he put into that kick was much stronger then when he punched.